Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

VIDEO: My First Porsche 991 GT3

Welcome. Apologies for the negative comment, it's not the standard welcome on here. I've enjoyed your videos for a while now and I've left some comments about video/audio suggestions on some. And now you have a real car! :D

Sorry I may have come across harsher than intended this afternoon.

I just really don't like the Shmee style of video and this was a carbon copy of his work.
I mean all this taking a film crew to record you picking the car up and setting all the cameras up to show everyone on youtube just how really cool you are.

Nothing wrong with having the cars at all (and it is a lovely car) and I sincerely congratulate anyone for having them but it all strikes me as a bit show offy.

We all post up pictures of our cars and modifications I know, and it's all a part of internet forums but I can't help but feel taking a film crew along is quite a big step up from this.

Modesty is clearly not a character trait involved in this sort of film either.

Sorry chaps if any offence caused but we all like different stuff, besides I'm fairly sure a chap with over a millions quids worth of cars couldn't give a monkeys what some pleb with a 996 thinks.

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Personally being stuck on this yacht right now in the snow (yep) and not able to do any driving , I enjoy watching videos of people enjoying their cars. Some of his videos are really funny as well. Keep up the good work.

And amazingly Shmee makes a fortune with this videos!

Nice car ...crap video, narcissistic guff.....Budflickers first post hit the nail on the head ...

Not much more to say .....won't be viewing this again ..
T :?

Is this how we treat new forum members now?

Why is it a crap video? Because he bought a nice car and was excited to share it?

Or is it crap because he's clearly wealthy and there's some jealousy going on?

isysman said:

Very true, not very welcoming is it now? If he had a rare early dark green 996 with savannah leather, then no one would have even probably commented on his post
deserted.gif

isysman said:
Why is it a crap video? Because he bought a nice car and was excited to share it?

Most people don't even put a pic up, first time anyone has put a video up
clapping.gif

isysman said:

idea.gif

You could be onto something... :mrgreen:

Put some pics of your other motor's up please...
popcorn3.gif

isysman said:

Bang on - I'm far from a belieber, or whatever shmee sycophants call themselves these days, but here is a guy clearly excited about picking up his new toy.

I'd have done the same with most of my previous purchases except that I probably wouldn't have shared them online as I'm not too sure anyone wants to see my boat race on t'internet, least of all me :paperbag:

We're all narcissistic to one degree or other but if you don't like it you don't have to watch it - knocking him down for it seems a little unnecessary...

Epic car, welcome!! Get it to the track ASAP!! :thumb:

I thought it was a good video and he was very positive about his Porsche. So he's fortunate to be able to have other nice cars, good for him. lets not get all typically British and be despising of success and wealth. At the end of the day he's a new forum member and he should be welcomed as others are. there are plenty of other forum members who drive other exotics and lovely cars or who have a fleet of Porsches. :thumbs: :grin: So as Isys said WELCOME Mr JWW :bye: :thumb: :bandit:

Welcome chap. Top effort for doing the video and love your excitement. You can really feel and sense it too.

Top motor and you bought the right spec clubbie with PCCBs. Enjoy and keep things updated.

isysman said:

I never intended to start a bunfight over this and I've said it's a great car.

Strangely when i said Shmee had grown a beard I didn't even realise that they are pals and even share the same media management company for their youtube channels etc. So when i said it was a carbon copy of Shmees work i was right.

I also never said the video was crap, I just don't like the whole show offy feel to these videos especially the whole " Oh my god; I really can't even believe this is real" stuff when it's actually one of his cheaper cars in the collection.

I've also not got any issue with people having wealth in fact I congratulate it, but traditional wealth whispers, it doesn't drag a film crew around for the world to see, while putting on faux disbelief in the purchase.

I'm sure Russ raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes when the film crew rocked up in the Vogue?

In regards to it not being a very warm welcome to the forum lets wait and see what he contributes other than links to his revenue generating youtube channel.

I've met a few of you guys in person and i'm quite an amiable chap so the last thing I want to do is fall out with anyone on here. So if my view on this has upset anyone then i'm sorry, but I'm sticking to my views that i hope I've clearly laid out in a reasonable fashion.

:thumb:

Pretty cynical.

I work for a billionaire, he can buy whatever he wants and does very often. He was onboard today looking at new equipment we've been installing. He still gets excited about stuff that on the scale of things are not big purchases. Like his new iMacs that I've mounted in his office and the entertainment system. Just because he has bought much more expensive stuff doesn't mean his excitement is any less real than when he buys a new private jet etc.

If he continues to post on here is may well be based on the reception he's had.

I feel a bit of a doof because I actually suggested to him on YouTube he join the forum to meet likeminded people.

budflicker said:
isysman said:

I never intended to start a bunfight over this and I've said it's a great car.

Strangely when i said Shmee had grown a beard I didn't even realise that they are pals and even share the same media management company for their youtube channels etc. So when i said it was a carbon copy of Shmees work i was right.

I also never said the video was crap, I just don't like the whole show offy feel to these videos especially the whole " Oh my god; I really can't even believe this is real" stuff when it's actually one of his cheaper cars in the collection.

I've also not got any issue with people having wealth in fact I congratulate it, but traditional wealth whispers, it doesn't drag a film crew around for the world to see, while putting on faux disbelief in the purchase.

I'm sure Russ raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes when the film crew rocked up in the Vogue?

In regards to it not being a very warm welcome to the forum lets wait and see what he contributes other than links to his revenue generating youtube channel.

I've met a few of you guys in person and i'm quite an amiable chap so the last thing I want to do is fall out with anyone on here. So if my view on this has upset anyone then i'm sorry, but I'm sticking to my views that i hope I've clearly laid out in a reasonable fashion.

:thumb:

Good of you to apologise and all that, but a couple of you have have made quite rude comments about this guy's character even though you have never met him, and are basing your judgements of him on a short video clip.
I don't quite get the negativity, and I'm fairly sure comments about him being 'full of himself' and 'narcissistic' that are easily made from a keyboard would never be said face to face.
It's all a bit pathetic considering the world had enough problems. Let just be good to each other... we are all lucky to live comfortable lives and drive amazing cars.

isysman said:
Pretty cynical.

I work for a billionaire, he can buy whatever he wants and does very often. He was onboard today looking at new equipment we've been installing. He still gets excited about stuff that on the scale of things are not big purchases. Like his new iMacs that I've mounted in his office and the entertainment system. .

Did he get a film crew in to share his excitement about the new I Macs though and post it on youtube, and then join an Apple forum and post it up to increase his views and ultimately his income

Thats the difference.

You've got a really great thread detailing the improvements you are making to your car and I've enjoyed every post and photo, but your doing it to share the experience with other enthusiasts and not to get famous or increase your advertising revenue on your youtube channel.

There is a difference.

Or maybe you're right and I'm just a cynical bastard

:dont know:

Edit to add, this youtube video from the video thread is in a whole different league and the presenter is not some one you would describe as full of themselves but presents and talks about his car without all that faux amazement and self importance, That's not exclusively aimed at JWW either Shmee does the same thing.

https://youtu.be/8pB0uPW6ykE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back