Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 1986 oil pressure gauge at 5 all the time

bradley911

i hope someone can help
on my porsche 911 1986
my oil pressure gauge goes straight to 5 from putting the ignition on
i have taken the wire off from the sender unit in the engine bay but still stays at 5 anybody else had this problem

also the rev counter seems to have stopped working checked for voltage on the back and purple wire and this is voltage there

thanks for looking brad

Ground the wire at the sensor if the gauge returns to zero the sender is faulty.

thank you for your reply

i did as you told me to and it is looking like the sender unit so thank you very much for that

any easy way of checking the rev counter as this is not working on the black and purple wire i have voltage not sure what i should have ?

or is there a way of checking the gauge its self
thanks again

I had a look at my manual the trigger wire is Brown/ White but the page in my manual to show where it goes to is missing I presume its to the ECU if you connect a multi meter to it and ground set the meter to AC you should get a low voltage pulse when the engine is running, if you do then it is most likely the Rev head is faulty sense you say you have voltage going to it. Sorry I cant be of more help.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back