Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Porsche Bolton made to pay, about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Porsche have been total bellends over handling the allocation of GT cars recently. Hopefully this will make the salesmen think before shafting buyers in future.

Geez that's bad form...

Someone there needs their marching orders.

Worth avoiding that dealer for sometime id think

:eek:

Roro said:
.... Oh, and always read the T&Cs no matter how long and boring they always inevitably make them ...

Good point, and thanks for the reminder....

As I recently bought one of those 'rabbit thingys' for someone dear to me...
I must read the terms and conditions of its usage......

Lol

On a serious note, how often to any of us actually read the full T&C's ?

nick w said:
As I recently bought one of those 'rabbit thingys' for someone dear to me ...

I'm glad to hear it's worked out for the two of you.

:wink:

T8 said:
nick w said:
As I recently bought one of those 'rabbit thingys' for someone dear to me ...

I'm glad to hear it's worked out for the two of you.

:wink:
...Zolder track side cafe I recall it well.

......lol :wack:

Geez that's bad form...

Someone there needs their marching orders.

Worth avoiding that dealer for sometime id think

:eek:

I suspect all this will do is change the wording so there is no first come first served guarantee. My limited understanding of other waiting lists is to offer the car to those willing to pay the most in optional extras once the allocation comes through. No less abhorrent but at least a little more transparent... :nooo:

chimp911 said:
I suspect all this will do is change the wording so there is no first come first served guarantee. My limited understanding of other waiting lists is to offer the car to those willing to pay the most in optional extras once the allocation comes through. No less abhorrent but at least a little more transparent... :nooo:

You're confusing me now! I think when I read it all earlier the issue was that the salesman promised first come first serve, BUT the standard terms in the main T&Cs said that there is NO first come first serve. So when sales guy put this variation of the contract into writing (email) and then took the £10k as consideration for the contract, this DID create a first come first serve binding contract

I reckon all that will happen off the back of this is that salesmen generally will just stop putting any details of significance in email / text in case it's used against them later, and do more verbally. Then it's just one person's word against another's... way more difficult to prove anything in court... :pc:

No need for confusion Roro - what I meant was the dealer was found in breach only for having promised the guy would be first in line and then not honouring that agreement. I suspect a "more important" customer came in with a better financial incentive to jump up the queue so the dealer gambled on being able to fob off the first guy without consequence...

In future all the dealer would need to do is say they'll take a deposit but that it would only put you in the mix for consideration. Then they can pick and choose whoever they think most worthy of their allocation without the risk of litigation.

I certainly wouldn't condone this approach but it at least it would cover their backs... :nooo:

This is getting a bit :sleepy: now

Isn't this the third thread on this story now :dont know:

Sorry OP, can't the mods merge the 3 threads :?:

Quick enough to erase posts.... :oops: :hand:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69