Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Permanent live to electric seats and windows?

deutschland-dobson

Indianapolis
Gents,

Should I have a permanent live to my electric seats and windows, or is this the cause of battery drain? Both work with no key in the ignition at the moment.

:?: :?: :?:

Mucho ta
Chris

Don't the seats and windows operate when a door is open??

I'd make sure your door switches are working correctly if that's the case. It sounds like the car thinks the door is open all the time?? :dont know:

Sounds like a faulty door switch as closed my windows wont operate but drivers door open they will without ignition. Not tried seats but I suspect they are the same :dont know:

IIRC this was an issue for some 993 owners leading to a flat battery so suspect we're in the same area. ToreB has sort of answered it http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=106070&highlight=door+switch

Thanks gang :)

Better check if my door was open when testing..,

Chris

The cause of my battery drain was a faulty window relay. Because as said, the window relay should only be live with a door open or the ignition on.

Hi Gents,

Door was open at the time, so it looks to be nothing suspicious :thumb:

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back