Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sometimes, being an old git is useful

Shurv

Just renewed my Insurance on my 2002 996 C4s, protected ncb, sensible excess, not garaged, 8k miles pa, £289 with Tesco Bank. It's the only time that being over 50 seems like a good idea. :D

It's probably as much to do with the fact that you don't live in a big city as your age!

Actually I've found Insurance premiums on my C4S to be very reasonable and many insurers quoting around the same price. For other cars it's usually one or two insurers giving a palatable quote and everyone else in 4 figures!

I was just over £600 with protected ncb this year I think. Not garaged, used a lot, including business and London Zone 5. I'm 46 and the wife's on the policy as well. I'm pretty pleased with that :dont know:

Could have gone with an even cheaper deal but the ease and cost of adding euro cover for May swung it :grin:

£1400 for my 991 for me and wife garaged in a nice rural area :dont know:
997 was £650 :dont know:

Edit - I'm 34 ,wife's 31 , (2yrs ncb)

Mines due next month. Quote's coming in at £275 at Tesco for me n the bird. Just seeing if I can get it down further by adding a few mates and relatives on.

Wow!!!! Just put my 76 year old Dad on and there's a handful of companies all coming in at £243!!! Bonus :thumb:

This Insurance thing is a right scam. I've just checked the companies that dropped my renewal to £243 with my Dad on as a named driver but not main driver. Without him on, they shunt it up to £471.

That's nearly double (or an extra £228 to be exact).

How can they put it up so much by removing a named driver that doesn't even have to drive the car.

This has to be the Great British Insurance Rip-Off!

Not sure as to how they come up with their premiums to be honest but I'll be adding the old man on to mine when renewal time comes up - thanks for the tip! :thumb:

Never has much faith in Insurance Companies and their integrity anyway. After receiving compensation for an accident on my motorbike I applied for Insurance on a new one. The quote was very competitive at about £150 but I obviously had to state that I had been in a no fault accident. When I went to purchase the policy on the Insurer's site I had to tell them how much compo I received? The cost rocketed to £1400! Still waiting for a response as to why - 3 years later.......... :roll:

I've just emailed my Insurance and asked about adding old boy on , they emailed back saying more people more risk so it definitely wouldn't come down :?

Yes, being older has it's advantages -

HR6 postcode (middle of nowhere) 2 drivers (both early 40's) full NCB with no convictions.
SDP cover on a modded 996 Carrera 4?

That'll be £189 :D

alex yates said:
Wow!!!! Just put my 76 year old Dad on and there's a handful of companies all coming in at £243!!! Bonus :thumb:
That's very interesting, I think i'll test that one this evening.

A few year back I added my pensioner mother to my Insurance policy on my 350z and it did drop the premium quite significantly. God knows why as she struggles to drive a 1 litre Nissan Micra, let alone a 3.5litre v6 with 313hp!

However, this last year, actually removing her from my policy actually reduced my premium.

Likewise, when I added that I was now married - that increased the premium!

Always worth having a play on one of the comparison sites to see what difference things makes.

Looks like Scoobs is the winner, what a bargain, £189. I thought that insuring a 175mph car for under £300 was a billy bargain. I also have a no fault accident in Jan 14 in my company car, which strangely enough didn't add anything to my premium. The whole Insurance thing is a complete minefield and scam.

I'd happily pay £20,000 PA Insurance if I could be 21 again! :roll:

Mr Pub said:
I'd happily pay £20,000 PA Insurance if my partner could be 21 again! :roll:

:wink: :grin:

Edit: Might not want to put on her on the Insurance though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back