Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 2016 Gen 2 991 Carrera revealed with all Turbo line up!

Nimrod said:
what's the point of the turbo now?

It does raise an interesting question??

new rear lid looks really nice and a good general overall improvement, looks a lot less "wealthy retire'e"

C4pperS said:
Nimrod said:

And the answer is ........

The 'Carrera Turbo' = 370 bhp

The 'Carrera Turbo S' = 420 bhp

THE 911 Turbo = 533 bhp

THE 911 Turbo S = 572 bhp

Does this mean in 15yrs gen1s are going to be on wheeler dealers for a million quid wth Mike Brewer banging on about them being last of the NAs
:chin:

T8 said:
C4pperS said:
Nimrod said:

And the answer is ........

The 'Carrera Turbo' = 370 bhp

The 'Carrera Turbo S' = 420 bhp

THE 911 Turbo = 533 bhp

THE 911 Turbo S = 572 bhp

Well yeah, obviously this is great but the Turbo is surely going to lack in notoriety now.
Not to mention that the sort of people that by turbo's are different to the type that would buy say a carrera S or any other normally aspirated porsche. My point is the lines at now getting blurred.

C4pperS said:
Not to mention that the sort of people that by turbo's are different to the type that would buy say a carrera S or any other normally aspirated porsche.

:?

I've had a C4 and 2 x Turbos. My next 911 will probably be NA.

IMO people who want a new 911 will buy whatever's available.

I guess there's no hard fast rule T8, and by no means am I suggesting I know my facts. It's just something I've heard in lots of review's over the years?? I've also known a few people that have struggled going from turbo's back to NA in various models (which in my head backs up the theory that NA and Turbo's attract different types of drivers). I just assume this mite become a factor for Porsche when selling units??!

C4pperS said:
I guess there's no hard fast rule T8, and by no means am I suggesting I know my facts. It's just something I've heard in lots of review's over the years?? I've also known a few people that have struggled going from turbo's back to NA in various models (which in my head backs up the theory that NA and Turbo's attract different types of drivers). I just assume this mite become a factor for Porsche when selling units??!

I get where you're coming from.

Historically there has been a big difference between the way a NA car drives compared with a Turbo, particularly with regard to power delivery.

Those that didn't like the :drive: of a Turbo stuck with the Carrera or went for a GT3.

In the 991.2 generation of Turbo Carreras I don't think the power delivery/driveabilty difference will be vastly different to the NA 991.1 - and the differences that there are (e.g more torque) will be received positively.

The aforementioned :drive: factor will still be supplied by the 'proper' Turbo with the big bhp that it will have - which is why there is still room in the market place for it.

Looking at the pictures of the back of the engine, at the 1 o'clock position appears to be a round feature. Has Porsche gone back to an IMS & bearing after all the problems pre 2009?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back