Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 for sale in Wilmslow

Re: No Axel Lift

MrJWW said:
I think this car hasn't sold and subsequently had price drops because it has no front axel lift. I know this because that's why I didn't buy it!

Yes pretty important on a car like that. Seems like a foolish mistake not to spec it with one. Thought you were a Fezza man anyway! :hand: welcome to the forum anyway!

isysman said:
MrJWW said:
I think this car hasn't sold and subsequently had price drops because it has no front axel lift. I know this because that's why I didn't buy it!

Yes pretty important on a car like that. Seems like a foolish mistake not to spec it with one. Thought you were a Fezza man anyway! :hand: welcome to the forum anyway!

Depends what you want the car for and if you may live on a steep drive or something but I wouldnt spec it, you will scrape the splitter anyway sooner or later, it can and does go wrong, it adds weight and for the price of it you can buy a new splitter every six months for about five years. Meanwhile no car...use it as a bargaining chip.

Well just maybe foolish from a resale point of view then. Still think it has the wrong seats as well.

isysman said:
Yes pretty important on a car like that. Seems like a foolish mistake not to spec it with one.

On the 997 the front lift has proven to be somewhat prone to failure (especially on well tracked cars), and when it breaks (not if) it costs a fortune to fix. Consequently you would only really want it while the car was still in warranty anyway - the point is that anyone familiar with the situation on the 997 is unlikely to want it on a 991 either.

The most foolish mistake that you can make when speccing a GT3 was, is and always will be ordering one without bucket seats and Clubsport. You can unbolt the cage if you don't want it, but if you ever sell then the most demand and highest prices go to cars so equipped. But lets not rehash that old thread topic again... :thumb:

Well regardless, I see at least one potential customer who was put off by it not having the lift. And not everyone tracks cars regularly.

isysman said:
Well regardless, I see at least one potential customer who was put off by it not having the lift. And not everyone tracks cars regularly.

Loads of people will want it and thats fine, just saying. I've had must have options on cars that have turned aout to be useless and at the time I couldn't have lived with out them so just wanted to provide another perspective. All that time spent looking for the ideal used car is time wasted not owning and enjoying. I wouldnt have a daily without heated seats!

Had to have a lift on mine;
no way woud I have even got off the drive or over the speed bumps that are on our road (forgot to engage lift on the drive exit once, and thought the front end was going to be ripped off!)

Luckily it is a CS spec too - so happy on all counts :)
(and a looong warranty)

isysman said:

Fully conceded, but I was just quantifying my position as with my 997 I actually wanted lift at the time but bought a car without it (it was otherwise a great spec at very much the right price from a main dealer with a long warranty when I bought it). Yet in the fullness of time I ended up glad that I didn't have it once the issues emerged. As Danny said - it you hold out for a perfect spec you may wait forever or end up have to spend thousands more on it by the time one comes up. You do get used to the sound of the splitter and brake ducts grounding over time and they aren't expensive to replace...

All that said though: the 991 is fairly abundant and fluid in the market at the moment (a lot were specced as cruisers) and for some people their drive can often mean - no lift : no car.

isysman said:

I'd be fibbing if didn't admit to pulling out of a potential RS purchase back in
early 2011 because it had no lift...

Although, I freely admit that when the damn thing fails (in the up position)
it's a serious pain in the derrià¨re.

:oops:

nick w said:
isysman said:

I'd be fibbing if didn't admit to pulling out of a potential RS purchase back in

You still waiting for your new RS?

isysman said:
nick w said:
isysman said:

You still waiting for your new RS?

Yup, it'll be here in 7 weeks...actually getting quite excited now. I went
through my order form last night, just to remind myself exactly what I'd
ordered...lol :grin:

..and yes, I did spec the lift. :wink:

The day I collected my Boxster I went over to Wilmslow and as I approached the dealership there was a silver 991 RS behind me and it looked amazing on the road. Sounded fantastic as well. You're a lucky boy!

isysman said:
The day I collected my Boxster I went over to Wilmslow and as I approached the dealership there was a silver 991 RS behind me and it looked amazing on the road. Sounded fantastic as well. You're a lucky boy!

Yeah, I probably am !

Not to mention the mark up if you sell. I saw one advertised for £280,000 the other day! Yikes?

isysman said:
Not to mention the mark up if you sell. I saw one advertised for £280,000 the other day! Yikes?

It's all gone a bit crazy...I think when a few PTS cars hit the market, You'll see
even more silly stratospheric asking prices.
:roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back