Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 15 Year warranty

I dont see why not iceboy. Providing you pass the opc 111 point check , have less than 100k on the clock and pay £1100 for a year warranty or £1980 for 2 years.and lastly do not have any moody rev ranges stored in the dashboard.

Its about £200 plus vat for 111 point check.

I am very tempted to purchase the porsche e warranty myself. Almost a no brainer for an owner of 8 yrs and older standard car. Imo.

Are you tempted iceboy ?

iceboy said:
So does that mean I could, if I wanted have an extended warranty on my 2005 - 996 Turbo S ?

IceBoy

This should push up the prices of 996 turbos further.

Good news for owners

pancobalt said:
I dont see why not iceboy. Providing you pass the opc 111 point check , have less than 100k on the clock and pay £1100 for a year warranty or £1980 for 2 years.and lastly do not have any moody rev ranges stored in the dashboard.

Its about £200 plus vat for 111 point check.

I am very tempted to purchase the porsche e warranty myself. Almost a no brainer for an owner of 8 yrs and older standard car. Imo.

Are you tempted iceboy ?

I am tempted.

The cars is looked after by Reading and I will ask if they will carry out the 111 point check at the next service which is a major one I think.

Having said all that, my car covers 3000 miles pa at most...actually this year it has covered 900 miles...........I know don't shout at me but I work in the city and travel a fair deal......but when the weather is good and I'm home, boy oh boy does she get a spanking!!

Then I think maybe I don't put enough miles on her to justify the £1980 over 2 years......

Could someone tell me what the warranty does not cover?

LOL
IceBoy

PS. The Porsche website still states 9 years?!...anybody have a link?

Apart from the cost of a 111 point inspection, there is the additional cost of putting anything/everything right they identify at the inspection before they will issue a warranty.

If you have modified the car in any way, OPC will ask for it to be changed back to standard - including a battery change if it doesn't have the Porsche (Moll) battery fitted. Essentially they want the car as it left the factory.

Then once the warranty is issued, you are committed to using genuine Porsche parts for repairs and services (if using an indy) or to Porsche servicing and repairs becasue they use only Porsche parts not OEM from Euro Car Parts and such like.

Having said that, there isn't another warranty that can come close to an OPC warranty is what I've heard. I dont have it and although mine is factory standard, I will not consider having such a warranty because it is probably not cost-effective for me according to the condition of the car reported by OPC and my indy.

iceboy said:
I am tempted.

The cars is looked after by Reading and I will ask if they will carry out the 111 point check at the next service which is a major one I think .......

......... Then I think maybe I don't put enough miles on her to justify the £1980 over 2 years......

Could someone tell me what the warranty does not cover?

My car had the 111 point check done at the same time as a major service and I was charged £65 (i.e half an hours labour at a discounted rate) on top.

What 'cheshire911' has said above about the requirements for the warranty to be issued and the cover it provides are correct. Everything not deemed to be 'consumables' will be replaced if they fail.

The £1100 I paid in February has been paid back about 15 times* over so far this year and I won't be hesitating to renew next month.

*Details here =>The benefit of having a Porsche Warranty

Spot-on T8! You have had your value from the warranty - gearbox issue as I remember. If I was about to embark on getting into 997tt territory I would consider a warranty becasue it represents unknown territory for me.

With my present car having just 33k miles and full OPC history and health checks as well as my local very good indy doing in-between serviing work and a comprehensive review of all suspension and geometry by Center Gravity with all reporting a very good condition car, it is not something I'd consider.

I suspect anyone considering this extension may well be surprised at the cost of rectification and remedial work required before OPC will accept the vehicle under the Terms of the Warranty. After all how much do Porsche Valve Dust Caps cost????

But if you bought from new and extended all the way out to 15 years that would mean that you would need at least £11k of warranty claims to even break even... It is only really good news for people who don't plan to keep them very long and OPCs (who will be able to trade in older stock while still offering approved used status). And people with 991 GT3s of course... :puh:

mark pearce said:
Just spotted some news that Porsche have now extended their warranty until a cars 15 years old ......

Waiting for confirmation from my local OPC of the details

My OPC confirmed this today.

1 year renewal = £1020
2 year renewal = £1840

The 111 point check is £216 so renewing for 2 years instead of 1 will save me a total of £416.

NB: They also confirmed that the cost of the 111 point check would only be £72 if it was done at the same time as a major or minor service.

Wow £920 per year . That is proper tempting. Thanks for the insight t8.

If you really drill it down less than £20 per week. Decisions decisions

not looking to sell the p and j for years but could one say my c2s with porsche e warranty is worth at least £500 more come resale ??

Plus private cars and dealers cars will also become more comparable ( less difference in price ) for the cash buyer, no ?

Porsche e warranty just has to be a good thing for novice buyers , like i was in feb 15 :frustrated:

Yeah I have a warranty on mine and i plan to extend come May. Perhaps i'll even have the check and pay to extend now - one doesnt have to wait until the renewal AND if you do it early there is less chance that there will be something that they require you to put right. Also having just bought from a dealer, if something were found now i have recourse to my dealer to fix it under new consumer laws :)

Must make plans... Now i wonder if dealers will compete for the 111 pt check or the warranty? sharpening their pencil so to speak... I am between Cambridge, Leicester, and Silverstone. Anyone got any experience of any OPC?

T8 said:
mark pearce said:
Just spotted some news that Porsche have now extended their warranty until a cars 15 years old ......

Waiting for confirmation from my local OPC of the details

My OPC confirmed this today.

1 year renewal = £1020
2 year renewal = £1840

The 111 point check is £216 so renewing for 2 years instead of 1 will save me a total of £416.

NB: They also confirmed that the cost of the 111 point check would only be £72 if it was done at the same time as a major or minor service.

That exactly why I extended by warranty for 2 years whilst having the car serviced recently. Good savings to me made :D

Jcx said:
Yeah I have a warranty on mine and i plan to extend come May. Perhaps i'll even have the check and pay to extend now - one doesnt have to wait until the renewal AND if you do it early there is less chance that there will be something that they require you to put right. Also having just bought from a dealer, if something were found now i have recourse to my dealer to fix it under new consumer laws :)

Must make plans... Now i wonder if dealers will compete for the 111 pt check or the warranty? sharpening their pencil so to speak... I am between Cambridge, Leicester, and Silverstone. Anyone got any experience of any OPC?

What I found was that various dealers will do a deal on the 111 check whilst others won't. However the cost of additional work varies massively between dealers even thought the actual main service is a fixed cost.

PM me before getting your car booked in for the next service as there are a number of additional items required at 6 years over and above the £700 minor service and brake fluid change and the prices vary hugely.

Bikeracer1098 said:
Jcx said:

What I found was that various dealers will do a deal on the 111 check whilst others won't. However the cost of additional work varies massively between dealers even thought the actual main service is a fixed cost.

PM me before getting your car booked in for the next service as there are a number of additional items required at 6 years over and above the £700 minor service and brake fluid change and the prices vary hugely.

Hey thx Biker!

I am very lucky in that my 5yr 9mth old car was given its 6yr service by the previous owner before i bought it as part of the deal. it got the lot: fluids to engine, pdk, and 4wd. it got belt(s). discs and pads all round. So thats a 4k bill i wont be paying in march :) and i have 2 years of driving fun before i need to service it - although i will change oil annually as a matter of course. all the more reason in my mind to extend the warranty which i can swallow as somewhat comparable to fixed price annual service for 2 yrs.

I had my renewal letter yesterday confirming the details. Cover is available until the car is 15 years old or 125,000 miles.

The prices I was quoted from my OPC were 'renewal prices' i.e £1020 for 1 year or £1840 for 2 years.

To purchase from the start the prices are £1100 (what I paid last year) or £1920.

The 111 point check is a fixed price of £216 if not done at the same time a minor/major service.

All prices include VAT.

15 years or 125 000 miles is massively impressive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back