Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to verify 997.2 over 997.1

Macadamia aka Brown...

Looks better here than the auto trader ad.

I took at "classics at the castle"
Ok it's a gen1 and gen2 looks better, especially with red reflector

askgeez said:
Macadamia aka Brown...

Looks better here than the auto trader ad.

I took at "classics at the castle"
Ok it's a gen1 and gen2 looks better, especially with red reflector

That colour looks even better in those photos, the special order colours do add exclusivity. I really like it.

alex yates said:
Hi & :welcome:

-Minor body changes - (ie tail lights, front bumper,...)
-New direct fuel injection (DFI) engines
-3.6-liter Boxer engine with 345 hp (up from 325)
-3.8-liter Boxer engine with 385 hp (up from 355)
-7-speed Porsche Double-clutch (optional)
-Drive-Off Assistant
-PASM sports chassis (-20 mm vs -10mm)
-New brake system for the 3.6-liter models
-EnhancedTire Pressure Monitoring System
-Bi-Xenon headlights with headlight cleaning system now also standard for 3.6-liter models
-New Porsche Communication Management (PCM 3.0 - which is HD based)
-Enlarged exterior mirrors with new design
-XM satellite radio (SDARS)(optional)
-Universal audio interface (optional)
-Cell phone preparation (Bluetooth®HFP) (optional)
-Have 40% fewer moving parts.
-Do NOT have an intermediate shaft, which was a weak point in the 997.1 -engines which sometimes led to catastrophic engine failures.
-Get better gas mileage
-Have an external water pump, with increased flow capacity

Not sure why, but I always seem curiously drawn to Macademia.. Brave choice to spec it from new, but I'm always glad some people were individual enough to do so. These people are generallyhappy to spend a ton of money on options as well..

Rockunrolla said:
resigner said:

I had an Impreza in that colour , everyone said its was known in the trade as DCR - dog cok red !
I liked it though , I've a white disco that's soon to be wrapped in that :thumb:

I had an MG tf160 in it as well, one of the last cars to come out of MG Rover before they went bust. Brought it after they went bust from a dealer which was going bust. That, Dark Blue or Brown are next, but probably a 991 C2S cabrio and not a 997....

Apparently there is also some blurring of the lines between 997.1 and 997.2 in terms of the engine. According to my OPC the very late 997.1 have the 997.2 engine. The reason I say this is that my late 997.1 is currently having it's engine rebuilt at OPC, and I asked if it was the known 997.1 scoring issue, and they have told me that it's a scoring issue but the engine is not the 997.1. I need to qualify this with them in more detail, tbh i was more concerned about them confirming the engine rebuild was covered by my extended warranty, which it was thank god.

JRW said:
Apparently there is also some blurring of the lines between 997.1 and 997.2 in terms of the engine. According to my OPC the very late 997.1 have the 997.2 engine. The reason I say this is that my late 997.1 is currently having it's engine rebuilt at OPC, and I asked if it was the known 997.1 scoring issue, and they have told me that it's a scoring issue but the engine is not the 997.1. I need to qualify this with them in more detail, tbh i was more concerned about them confirming the engine rebuild was covered by my extended warranty, which it was thank god.

You may have miss heard whomever told you that. Its the same engine in the 997.1 Carrera range apart from the revised IMS design in the 2006 models.

The engines that do not suffer from bore scoring (in 997.1 range) are the Turbo and GT models which use the mezger engines.

Themash said:
That's a good shout, I find since I started looking my budget has grown and grown with each new but of information I find out.
I think test driving few models and deciding from experience is the way I'll go.

Hi mate, as a rough guide and for info I paid 33k for 2010 gen 2 (non S) with PDK, PSE, Bose, Nav, Sport+ retrofitted, heated seats etc etc.

Shop around as there are cars out there for the right money.

JRW said:
According to my OPC the very late 997.1 have the 997.2 engine ...........

I'm 99.9% sure that this is not the case. THE biggest difference between the 997.1 and the 997.2 was the DFi engine replacing the M96.

wildej said:
Themash said:
That's a good shout, I find since I started looking my budget has grown and grown with each new but of information I find out.
I think test driving few models and deciding from experience is the way I'll go.

Hi mate, as a rough guide and for info I paid 33k for 2010 gen 2 (non S) with PDK, PSE, Bose, Nav, Sport+ retrofitted, heated seats etc etc.

Shop around as there are cars out there for the right money.

Few details please if you don't mind?

How many Miles?
How long ago?
Private or Dealer or even OPC?
Any OPC or other warranty?

These things make a big difference!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997