Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 - clearing rain / drainage channels

Roro

Sebring
Does anybody have instructions or a guide on how to clear drainage on a 997?

The issue is my car has been locked up in an old garage, so I want to clear out any drainage areas that may have been exposed to dust over the course of the year

Thanks 8)

Either side of the battery are drain holes that can get blocked by leaves , remove battery and both side covers , look on the n/s first by the bulkhead under the loom and you will see a rubber grommet , other side is in same position but not as easy to see.

Either blow through them or poke something through to clear them out.

If you had a Cab then it would have rear drains which are behind the rear speakers , not as easy to get to or clear out but they are only there on cabs.

Also look here .. image further down in post ..

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=57616

Demort said:
If you had a Cab then it would have rear drains which are behind the rear speakers , not as easy to get to or clear out but they are only there on cabs.

on the cab, just undo the rear wheel liner at the front and it'll expose the drain hole - a quick poke at that and the crud will come out. Quite easy that way.

Will look like this:

post-34564-0-69341300-1310804930_thumb.jpg

I found a great new tool to do this job with - a trumpet cleaning brush(!)

it's like a giant metal pipe cleaner, tough but flexible and about 1.5m long. Less than a tenner delivered.

Cheers chaps, perfect, exactly the info I needed. Will hopefully work through this over the weekend

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back