Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

i was just Browsing JZM..

isysman said:
It's funny in the last 12 months if I'd seen these photos of the interior of the GT2 I would have been admiring every detail, but now it just looks like the interior of my car! Nice feeling :D

:thumb: So true.

you still should do a cage though :)

anotherGT2 said:
That car doesn't have the right carpet set - do GT cars with BOSE not get the GT carpets then?

As for prices of these who knows, it's all gone a bit crazy but it looks like not many cars are moving, I know of a few 997 and 996s that have sold but I think the spread of prices and some opportunistic dealers are preventing cars from moving around - I wouldn't know what to pay if I was buying my car in this market!

What's the difference? I didn't know there was a GT carpet.

isysman said:
anotherGT2 said:
That car doesn't have the right carpet set - do GT cars with BOSE not get the GT carpets then?

As for prices of these who knows, it's all gone a bit crazy but it looks like not many cars are moving, I know of a few 997 and 996s that have sold but I think the spread of prices and some opportunistic dealers are preventing cars from moving around - I wouldn't know what to pay if I was buying my car in this market!

What's the difference? I didn't know there was a GT carpet.

GT2 badge in the centre behind the centre console.

porsche-911-gt2-997-gt2-S2128720-12.jpg

Ah got you. I was thinking you meant the mats in the front. It's just a badge though.

The 997 GT2 is Dave Summers' old car - the one he had wrapped in Mike Wilds racing colours at the start of the season. Mike did low 1:40's at the RS day in March in that car on slicks iirc. He said afterwards that he'd have been in the high 1:30's if it had been warmer ;)

I'm pretty sure I also heard that the bill from JZM for the rose joints, wheels, brakes etc. (but not the Manthey conversion which was already done when Dave bought the car) was north of £30K so lots & lots of money spent there. The sequential shifter is a bit marmite but can be reversed easily enough.

997 is a far better platform if you are going to mod a GT2 & with this one, it's all been done properly already. Bargain!

apollokre1d said:
I sometimes wonder why GT2 is worth soo much more than a turbo.

If you add up the lifetime production of all the various models, they made over 22000 996 Turbos. There were a bit over 1200 GT2s IIRC. Comparative rarity generally influences the values a little on older pork... :dont know:

Disco said:
apollokre1d said:
I sometimes wonder why GT2 is worth soo much more than a turbo.

If you add up the lifetime production of all the various models, they made over 22000 996 Turbos. There were a bit over 1200 GT2s IIRC. Comparative rarity generally influences the values a little on older pork... :dont know:

The ol supply and demand :)

In the case of that black GT2 they are asking £149950. For the same money you could have...

1: An average millage 997.1 Turbo and a 997.2 GT3
2: A low millage 997.1 turbo and a low millage 997.1 GT3 with 20-30K left over...

I still like that GT2 but they are marketing it to a different buyer I guess.

NXI20 said:
The 997 GT2 is Dave Summers' old car - the one he had wrapped in Mike Wilds racing colours at the start of the season. Mike did low 1:40's at the RS day in March in that car on slicks iirc. He said afterwards that he'd have been in the high 1:30's if it had been warmer ;)

I'm pretty sure I also heard that the bill from JZM for the rose joints, wheels, brakes etc. (but not the Manthey conversion which was already done when Dave bought the car) was north of £30K so lots & lots of money spent there. The sequential shifter is a bit marmite but can be reversed easily enough.

997 is a far better platform if you are going to mod a GT2 & with this one, it's all been done properly already. Bargain!

Ahh, it was the M Wilds "tribute" :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back