Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Epic GT3 Action at Monza

NXI20 said:
This is pretty standard behaviour from Italians on trackdays (& on the road too!) TBH. They do treat it like a race and (particularly at the 'ring, IME) they will often be the ones crashing or causing others to crash. Overtake either side, under brakes & into/through/out of corners: all normal stuff. BMW M3s are the ones we watch out for...

When BaT went to Imola a couple of years back, a bunch of Italians in Elise racecars called the cops to get Jonny arrested when he tried to reign them in for racing each other. Turns out you can't mix road cars & race cars on a trackday in Italy by law. Organiser is subject to € 50,000 fine as I recall!

I remember having an old guy in a small white van of some kind repeatedly trying to drive a foot off my bumper on an Italian motorway on that Imola trip. I was in the 993 & there was lots of traffic so I'd overtake, zoom off up the road & then be held up while Mr WhiteVanMan maintained a foot to the floor flat out 160KPH - must have gone on for 100Km until he had to turn off. :roll:

Yup, we could write a book and probably put together a pretty decent
montage of clips showing appalling, thoughtless driving on many a track day.
As you say, the Italians are notoriously bad...that Imola day was ruined by a
handful of absolute *****. Remember that orange 962 at Spa, chopping up
Cunno on the inside line going through Pouhon ?. Jon had the footage on his
go pro, and Jonny kicked the idiot out. For sure this guy in the 991 GT3 can
peddle...but he can't continually assume that everyone is going to get out of
the way, he's just an accident waiting to happen...lets hope that he doesn't
involve anyone else on it when it happens.
:nooo:

I do wander how he'd get on if he had to change gear himself :?:

Chief said:
I do wander how he'd get on if he had to change gear himself :?:

He'd be like the rest of us...struggling to go up and down the box.. :floor: :floor:

MarkGolf said:
I certainly never realised that the McLaren 12c was THAT fast in a straight line over a GT3! :eek:

616HP in the Mclaren Vs 475HP in the GT3.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back