Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlight part

MarkGolf

Hi Guys,

I was fiddling with my headlights yesterday and I ended up coming across a bit of an issue..

1 - Both adjusting screws were missing (I found one inside but the head was missing!)

2 - A plastic ball joint isn't holding the ball tightly.

So, I need to get hold of 2 screws and this plastic ball joint thing, I have had a look on PET and they do not appear to be parts that I can order separately. Is this true? Anyone have one laying around that I can buy?

The screws are not an issue, I can easily source some M4 items but it's the plastic thing I really want. I have secured this with a cable tie for the time being but I won't be able to sleep knowing this.

Picture of said, plastic thing.

23768381365_2ac033cc80_z.jpg

Cheers,
Mark

I think the ball joint is a common problem. When I removed one of my headlights the first time, I found that some twine had been wrapped around it...using the groove that we can see in your pic. So, you're cable tie fix is just as good a solution.

Since then I fitted a new headlamp but only kept the glass for spares because the rest of it was pretty much scrap.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back