Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OMG, check out this time capsule from 1990!

CarraraWhite

http://www.mathewsons.co.uk/vehicle-auction-catalogue/400-1990-austin-rover-maestro-1-6-lx-auto

bring me the LX :D

great comments...

Finished in white diamond over graphite with grey velour upholstery. Fitted tilt/slide sunroof, electric windows etc.

The V5 shows just 3 former keepers, some history and spare keys in the folder, supplied by Mantles of Biggleswade (One of our main dealer contacts from many years ago).
The recorded mileage of 23k is considered to be correct, feels and smells right! (Please make your own enquiries)

Austin_Meastro_Dec_2015_2.jpg

2nd that!

For only 25 years since that plate my god! There's tons of 90's cars that still look awesome on the road. Sadly that's not one of them.

Looking at the engine bay I guess that's why they now cover everything in shiny plastic trays so it looks more appealing.

I'd sooner have something more modern with a cooler design like this - NOT!!!!

1280px-Fiat_Multipla_front_20080825.jpg

All that said, I remember nagging my father to get the Vanden Plas version which had a voice simulator.

Somehow thought it would make me as irresistable to the opposite sex as Michael Knight in KITT.

How wrong I was in retrospect. Luckily my father took no notice whatsoever.

isysman said:
Wow that has not aged well!

That's a bit harsh - it was an ugly car when it was released :D

I've got fond memories of the Maestro.

It was a horrid car but my ex-wife getting one as a company car in 1986 allowed me to buy my first Porsche. :D

Robertb said:
All that said, I remember nagging my father to get the Vanden Plas version which had a voice simulator.

Somehow thought it would make me as irresistable to the opposite sex as Michael Knight in KITT.

How wrong I was in retrospect. Luckily my father took no notice whatsoever.

My dad had one of those as a company car. It was a nice gimmick for small children such as the young me, but of little practical value. Meanwhile - the issue was the rest of the car. Basically, within only a few weeks it literally started falling to bits as trim pieces started dropping off of it. He changed company not long after though so we weren't stuck with it for long enough for any more serious failures.

Matthewson's is a great garage which is well worth a visit to see their classic cars & memorabilia. I bought a wooden Porsche shield at auction t here a year ago which now graces my garage!

Back in 1984, when I was a young sales rep, I was given a 1.6L (proper rep special) Austin Montego with brown interior (yuk). It started going rusty after 6 weeks,the dashboard came loose, the door trim fell off,you could see the wipers out of the side window when it rained if you were doing more than 60 ( ie they kept on going when they reached the edge of the windscreen). it burned more oil than my previous 100,000 mile Cortina,and had a lovely brown oil stain covering the rear bumper around the exhaust pipe. So much oily smoke came out of the exhaust, you could see the puff every gear change in the rear view mirror. It was a complete heap, as were all BL products at the time. They fully deserved to go bust,nasty horrible pieces of shyte. :floor:

Shurv said:
Back in 1984, when I was a young sales rep, I was given a 1.6L (proper rep special) Austin Montego with brown interior (yuk). It started going rusty after 6 weeks,the dashboard came loose, the door trim fell off,you could see the wipers out of the side window when it rained if you were doing more than 60 ( ie they kept on going when they reached the edge of the windscreen). it burned more oil than my previous 100,000 mile Cortina,and had a lovely brown oil stain covering the rear bumper around the exhaust pipe. So much oily smoke came out of the exhaust, you could see the puff every gear change in the rear view mirror. It was a complete heap, as were all BL products at the time. They fully deserved to go bust,nasty horrible pieces of shyte. :floor:

I feel your pain brother. Early 80's I was the (notso) proud owner of an MG metro turbo. Whilst coming to halt at the lights the seat base broke and I rolled gracefully onto the back seat.

When it was stolen I was not sad....... :grin:

Different experience for me - MG Maestro 2.0 EFI was best company car I ever had. Never let me down even with long distance Europe visits - some of that time was averaging over 900 miles a week. Happy days.
Cheers.Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back