Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It''s a Keeper! For Someone new...

Looking forward to seeing the new arrival Joe , you need to keep popping back to the 64 forum to keep a bit of order with the usual suspects the turbo hasnt moved for about 6 weeks been manic at work however its going to get a tickle today.Clarkey has picked up a cracker of a car :thumb:

Thanks for the Welcome and Comments on the car.

Having seen the car and knowing it was for sale: I would have kicked myself if I hadn't had bought it.

When is the Xmas Do Pete?

Ill be combing Chief and Boxsey's posts for those "must do' mods (big and small) - Im thinking 2 spring wiper arms - first world problems:) and PIAA H4 bulbs? ;)

Theres plenty of pics up, so instead of pics, Ill Ill give her a "get to know you" clean if the weather holds and share my first impressions.

Thanks all, lovely comments for both me and Clarkey.

Robertb said:
I hope your daughter will one day learn to forgive you...

Ah no problem there Robert, she's already excited about 'the turbo' :thumbs:

Zingari said:
I'm trusting that the new car will have TPMS :grin:

Natch Z!

ras62 said:
Good luck with the new motor Joe, hopefully you will bond with it just like the 64 :thumb:

Thx Rob. I hope so too. :)

flying_scotsman said:
Hope your new one brings you as much pleasure as your 964 did, Joe.

You'll be nostalgic every time you see the old girl. :sad:

Thx Mike! Nostalgia is good!

Tim Richardson said:
Thats a shame Joe but I am sure the new car will bring you much joy too. My two young boys love riding in the 964, funnily enough it is the smell of the cabin that they love the most...one of those unique signature things with air-cooled cars I guess!

Glad it went to another enthusiasm...all the best.

Cheers Tim! Yes the '64 did smell gorgeous inside and out!!

DynoMike said:
So.... A 3.8 Turbo eh? Gen2 won the day by the sound of things, I look forward to the pictures :thumbs:

Mike

Thx Mike. Yes pics to follow. She's a beut. Updated avatar to tease :)

Chief said:
I wish you all the best with your turbo. I guess you and Gaz will be getting all chummy!

Well he clearly has great taste! ;-)

paul284pt said:
Hi Joe,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss (it's like a bereavement) :sad: but good luck with your new acquisition. I've enjoyed the conversations we'v head and I hope we'll meet again soon.

Good luck,
Paul

Cheers Paul! We'll meet again :) And yes... it was like a loss - hence the delay in responding!

M9JOC said:
That is a gorgeous car, i'm like you they are in your life for the memory so enjoy while you have it.

Look forward to seeing your new car :thumb:

J

Thx Joc, the new one is a beut too. A future classic for sure.

wildatheart said:
Hi Joe,

Great eulogy and nice to see the Hedingham pictures again (good to be reminded it was sunny once also).

I look froward to admiring your new ride when we meet again, whatever it may be.

Maybe at some point your daughter can turn mine into a petrolhead somehow, which is definitely not the case at this point, despite my best attempts..! You're lucky (or more skilled)! :thumb:

I started early Jaap. At 18-months old she was shouting "Porsche!" in the street when a 911 passed. At that time all we had was a toy version ;-)

Gazc2 said:
Looking forward to seeing the new arrival Joe , you need to keep popping back to the 64 forum to keep a bit of order with the usual suspects :thumb:

I'll keep popping back Gaz... just for a '64 fix :)

I've found a cracking 997.2 Turbo. Hopefully taking delivery next week. I'll start a new thread in 'the other place' when its here.

I'll keep my nose in here though :)

Cheers!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back