Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Welcome to the 992 Future Generation 911 sub-forum

Porsche News

As the 991 generation 911 moves to it's 1st mid-generation facelift, this sub-forum has been set up to discuss the next 911 Generation, the 992.

Speculation already is that the facelift could result in a new generation model number, the 992, rather than being called the 991.2

or not.... :?:

a full list of forums categories can be seen at http://911uk.com/forum.php

Attachments

• 992_600_484.jpg
    992_600_484.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 11,920
The only certainty is that for some the new model will be the last straw and a dilution of the brand too far whilst for others it will be the ultimate expression of the 911 concept and the start of a new passion. I personally can't wait. Bring it on!

I'm all for improvement and new technology but I hope it's going to look better than that

I think that picture is the next generation Audi TT with a P badge.
For me the 911 has to:
Be useable;
Be affordable;
Have the engine in the back;
Look like a 911.

All subjective I know! And it can be cooled with breast milk for all I care!

Fox Terrier said:
I think that picture is the next generation Audi TT with a P badge.
For me the 911 has to:
Be useable;
Be affordable;
Have the engine in the back;
Look like a 911.

All subjective I know! And it can be cooled with breast milk for all I care!

+1

As with all concept sketches, the wheels and tyres will never look like that.
They'll be a smaller rim, with a higher profile tyre.

Here's hoping it's a new fangled hybrid - that way us watercooled owners can finally hear "Ahhh, the old watercooled models, now they were the last of the REAL Porches"!! Then just have to wait twenty years and sell them at a huge profit. Or maybe not.

:floor: .. the 992 will have to keep some of the old stuff.. if so it will have electric motors that pack up for no reason...ala 996 engine.. now thats a true Porsche

Surely it will be a hybrid...

I'm pretty sure there would be more than a CGI concept if it were going to be a new model designation in 2015. I would expect a 991.2 facelift next year. It's tried and tested and helps slow the evolution of the 911 cosmetically

Porsche investing 700m in electric car production

Porsche_mis_e_010.jpg

I wonder if the production version will have round lights and the launch headline starts with after 55 years in production porsche has decided too...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back