Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

isysman said:
Thanks for this. I've asked him about who he spoke to. He mentioned talking to a few companies, so I'll see who they are.

I presumed you'd have covered this but you just never know! :thumb:

Great stuff Isysman :thumb: Really taking shape

Have you found anyone on your searches who could fix a small tear in a Nomex material'd club sport seat?

freddie44 said:

Have you found anyone on your searches who could fix a small tear in a Nomex material'd club sport seat?

Well I have no doubt DesignLS would be able to help, but I don't know if the part can be stripped off the seat?

isysman said:
freddie44 said:

Well I have no doubt DesignLS would be able to help, but I don't know if the part can be stripped off the seat?

No, its all one. I'll give them a call though :thumb:

I have to say, this is not a Mickey Mouse job, your car looks wonderful, your interior special, and your car is very convincing.

Kudos !!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Boba fett said:
I have to say, this is not a Mickey Mouse job, your car looks wonderful, your interior special, and your car is very convincing.

Kudos !!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Tremendous!

Love coming back here to see updates, the red belts and alcantara trimming is a job I keep debating with myself to have done. Looks fantastic and I'm a huge fan of alcantara interiors, especially as I want to tie more in with my roof, wheel and knobs. I just don't know if I am going to stay put long enough to warrant it.

Did you do the rear door cards? I can't picture if they have a trimable centre section like the fronts or if it is one huge panel which would look odd if trimmed.

Mark

MarkGolf said:
Tremendous!

Love coming back here to see updates, the red belts and alcantara trimming is a job I keep debating with myself to have done. Looks fantastic and I'm a huge fan of alcantara interiors, especially as I want to tie more in with my roof, wheel and knobs. I just don't know if I am going to stay put long enough to warrant it.

Did you do the rear door cards? I can't picture if they have a trimable centre section like the fronts or if it is one huge panel which would look odd if trimmed.

Mark

Hi, thanks. It's an expensive job so you need to know you won't be selling the car anytime soon. As soon as I bought this car I knew it would be a keeper, so I felt free to do whatever I wanted.

Rear quarter panels don't have any alcantara, they have speakers in the centre and I bought GT3 rear quarters which you need to do as the standard ones have holes in them to secure the seat backs.

Managed to get the car out of the garage yesterday (it stopped raining long enough) and took these photos. And yes I know my drive is filthy. A tree drops all its leaves onto it and it's a nightmare to keep clean!

...and a shot of the carbon centre console

Just read the whole thread.
What a wonderful job you've done on this. A fantastic looking car.

As an aside, are your wheels in a satin/matt finish and do you know what colour they are? They seem to have a "sheen" to the finish that I really like.

is1 said:
Just read the whole thread.
What a wonderful job you've done on this. A fantastic looking car.

As an aside, are your wheels in a satin/matt finish and do you know what colour they are? They seem to have a "sheen" to the finish that I really like.

As far as I know they are standard GT2RS silver gloss.

It would be really fun to see you pull up at the lights one day next to a real GT2 RS in the pouring rain, and watch you leave him for dead off the line. The GT2 RS driver scratching his head trying to work out what happened... :dont know:

isysman said:
Managed to get the car out of the garage yesterday (it stopped raining long enough) and took these photos. And yes I know my drive is filthy. A tree drops all its leaves onto it and it's a nightmare to keep clean!

L1030554_zpsnhzlbie5.jpg

L1030550_zpsisgi7ndw.jpg

L1030562_zpsufbozzat.jpg

L1030538_zpsjadlkvkz.jpg

L1030542_zpsume9tgn7.jpg

...and a nice shot of the carbon centre console

L1030536_zpsewyc1x9j.jpg

loving the moody black porsches. Brilliant Pictures :worship: that interior just gets better and better to look at.

must be a hard choice as to what to jump into

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back