Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New personal distance record - What's yours?

:worship:

Perth (the Australian one) to Brisbane in 5 days and about 4000 Km in a Subaru Imprezza 1.8 (non-turbo) while backpacking around the world in 2001-2002. I did sleep but know of mates that have shared the driving and done Perth - Sydney in about 36 hours!

Pretty hardcore one and I think the most grueling one I've done was earlier this year which involved leaving Bedfordshire and doing none stop bar fuel and tunnel to the Tanger Ferry. Not sure what the Beds to Tunnel time was but from Calais to Tanger Ferry it's 1380 miles which we covered in a smidge over 15 hours.

A lot of pressing on through France and Spain in the early hours of the morning so quite a good run all in all but ended up doing four fuel stops which hurt the time a bit. I'm now going to a larger aux tank so this will mean it's a three stop next year.

Catalunya circuit to the tunnel is a good run too. Around 900 miles and easily under 10 hours on a one stop. Leaving at the right time you can clock up some pretty high averages without ever getting into speeds which are on the wrong side of the risk line on public roads (although obviously if it turns wet it's a long old slog back!). Catalunya to French border average a while back:

Wow poppopbangbang - EPIC!!!!!!

Was your 1380 drive all done with you behind the wheel and no sharing? If so, I think you'll be holding the record for quite a while :worship:

Yep all me that one! Longest as a pair driving without much stopping bar food and fuel was Calais to Kuusamo in Finland for some very cold testing. Can't remember exactly how far that was but getting on for 2000 miles.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back