Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

clutch options?

forden341

Hello all, new member on here so please be gentle!
I have a problem with a slipping clutch on my 930 at full boost. Ive had it just over 3 years and inherited these modifications, it has a bigger turbo and intercooler and different cams, we think about 20% more power.
No problem i thought, worn clutch, simple enough job, but thats where it all got complicated!
It appears that it has been fitted with a 5 speed G50 gearbox rather than the 4 speed that it should have. I thought that could be overcome by fitting the 1989 G50 turbo clutch but my gearbox isnt a turbo 950/50 gearbox, its a 1987 950/00 box from a 3.2 N/A car and is also running the N/A clutch and flywheel hence the slipping under boost.
i dont think i can fit a 1989 turbo flywheel and clutch inside the bellhousing on the 950/00 gearbox unless someone knows different?
I am now thinking that i may have to stick with the 3.2 flywheel but fit an uprated clutch. The only heavy duty options I can seem to find are in the US, Kennedy engineering and Centerforce.
I have tried all of the parts suppliers i can it the UK but no joy.
Anyone have any solutions to this conundrum?
Thanks in advance.
Justin.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back