Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - When one thing leads to another!

Another step in the right direction Ian. Good luck with the installation. It is a great feeling when all the crappy bits that came off go back all shiny and properly bolted together. Amazing dedication and effort.

Hi john, if it goes as good as it looks it'll be epic :drive:

Wow, looks like brand fine new Ian.....now don't go getting all greasy finger prints all over it when you pop it back in :grin:

Hi Ian,

The gearbox looks spotless, so does your engine bay by the way :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

I've got the ATF cooler pipes mixed up! The two pipes fix onto the fittings at the gear box, anyone know which way they go? Or if it matters Which way the ATF goes through the cooler?

Cheers
Ian

On Saturday I got the engine and box back in, all plugs and pipes connected, drive shafts fitted and heat shields fitted. Also fitted the MAF and air filter assembly.
Sunday morning I fitted the anti roll bar, powerflex bushes and adjustable drop links.
After work tomorrow night I've Just the heat exchangers, exhaust, blower motor and new fluids and I'll hopefully be able to drive her home!

Ian

Great news Ian. It does look clean under there. Good luck with the final stages. (Did you get the ATF pipes sorted?)

Congrats bud, looks like you had a busy weekend :thumbs:

Big question is tho, did you make it to see Neil Diamond? :D

Chris, of course I did :bandit:

John, I haven't been able to find out? I didn't realise they would be removing them for the refurb, they've refitted them on a different angle and I've got confused! 50 50 chance of getting it right lol

Ian

Is the nothing obvious on the PET diagram Ian?

Hi chief, PET diagrams not clear, I've been told it's a simple loop and dosent matter which way the fluids going through the rad? I'll keep an eye on it.

Anyway I drove her home tonight :thumbs:
I will be keeping an eye on her and double checking what I can over the weekend.

Ian

Great work Ian, nothing short of awsome work on your behalf. Enjoy!
My car has started to deposit oil on the garage floor....going to check it out tomorrow.
See you soon,
Keith

Don't worry mate, that's what garage floors are for!

I've ordered a new resistor (the spring thing that clips into the heater ducting) I noticed mine was damaged and my blower fan wasn't working? Hopefully that will sort it!

Ian

Congrats on getting her home bud :thumbs:

igaffz said:
I've got the ATF cooler pipes mixed up! The two pipes fix onto the fittings at the gear box, anyone know which way they go? Or if it matters Which way the ATF goes through the cooler?

Cheers
Ian

Ian, do you have the Porsche Workshop Manual, maybe that will help? I managed to find a pdf copy of the auto transmission manual with a quick Google search.

Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back