Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ASM performance Milton Keynes...any experience of them?

F15HAR

Spa-Francorchamps
I'm possibly interested in a car at ASM performance in Milton Keynes, with extended Porsche warranty, however despite them having some seemingly nice high end stock and recently supplying a 918 to someone in Turkey they seem to have horrendous reviews online, although the reviews mainly seem to be for cars in the 5-25k range with very few reviews for the high end sales..
all a bit odd and rings alarm bells to avoid like HWM et al.
Does anyone have any personal experience of buying from them directly?

They are just around the corner from my missus so look in every now and then, have some nice metal in but never saw the 918. (though id have the GT2 they have).

A 'friend' brought his R8 from them and said he had no trouble from them. I believe theyve swapped ownership since all the bad comments and he got his from the new owners but not sure if hes known them for a long time and therefore treated better or what.

the old ASM were horrendous, 996 turbos etc that were absolutely shagged etc etc.

but they have changed hands entirely as far as I understand it, a good friend of mine is their regularly and their stock is more than impressive.

they did have a GT2 RS in there, but the owner couldn't bring himself to sell it haha

How long ago was the change of ownership? As a lot of the bad reviews are in the last 6 months..

During the past 6 months or so they have bought every manual 2009 spec 997.1 turbo that has been on the market and sold each one for a £10k premium. It is owned by an Asian gent.
Back in April I went to view and test drive a black 09 997.1 manual turbo at the Jag dealer in Ascot, pondered whether to buy it or not. Following morning ASM bought it. 2 weeks later they bought a red 09 menual 997.1 turbo from the Jag dealer in Peterborough. Also bought a 09 spec 58 reg White manual 997.1 turbo from a private seller in Essex via another trader.
They have done extremely well during the past few months selling gen 1 turbos.
Haven't visited them however had a long discussion with the owner regarding the black 997.1 turbo which they bought from Ascot. He seemed knowledgable on Porsches however did spin a bit of a story as they do in the trade.
The above three cars were in extremely good condition however no over rev checks etc were done prior to purchase.
They do seem to have a mixture of cars, but do seem to charge a premium without offering any gold plated service like you get when purchasing from an OPC etc

Thanks Monza, your post was infinitely more helpful than the previous post.

Personally, I'm skeptical. Surely if a completely new set of owners took over a business with such a demonstrably dubious history, why on earth would they use, effectively, the same trading name?

Call me a pessimist if you like, but were it that I was looking to buy anything, I'd want to know the actual business name and/or the directors to then check against online records.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back