Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil level gauge not moving

jlee

Monza
Folks,

used to the oil level gauge jumping around like zebedee on steroids but it has recently stuck at the bottom of the red and does not move, ever.

If the gauge is faulty or sender, believe the needle normally goes to the top of the gauge, not the bottom.

It does not move at all, is it the guage or the sender issue ?

I would suggest that the sender is giving you the problem. It's right in the firing line for crud and water!

Just making sure and I trust you have, but have you checked that there's enough oil?

As Chief said, the sender get a fair bit of road crud, I gave the contacts on mine and good clean and spayed it in water repellent and it started working again.

Not the most acurate gauge, but 'there all like that sir' :)

It can only be read properly when at temp and on level ground, It starts at the bottom (sure it does ... doubting myself now!)

I pulled mine with the wheel on and jacked up a bit. Moved it by hand and nothing so I replaced it.

Obviously if it's over full then you will get a spillage so might be worth draining the oil tank.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back