Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Northway Reading has all my service history....but I don't!

james.mckenzie

Trainee
Hi all,

I've also posted this on IB but thought there may be help here as it's not necessarily pertinent to IB cars.

After a bit of gumshoe on my 3.2 (the service history is incomplete), I found the last 17 years of service history is kept 'unorganised in big old dusty boxes upstairs' as Mike and Ray from Northway in Reading have told me.

I desperately want to get hold of these peices of paper - not only because provenance is a good idea from an investment point of view but because I want to know what has been done to the car in the past. Also, I kind of like my car and would like everything that belongs to it to be kept with it!

The thing is I don't have mine serviced there nor do I know the Northway brothers very well.

Can anyone here help me out and put a kind word in? I'd go and sort out all their paperwork (even pay a bit) to get hold of mine. All that old history is worth thousands in the right hands. Surely there would be more like me out to find history of cars they own. They could charge £'s a pop to reunite cars with records!

I'm going to call them again next week but just though I'd put it out there to see if the the right eyes see this post!

Many thanks,

James

Feel your pain if that is the right phrase to use.My car had thousands spent at DMS tuning and although quite happy to talk they will not tell me what mods it had or tune unless i take my car for a look over and service which,is no chance as they are miles and miles away

My car similarly has the book stamped, but presumably the last owner has all the paperwork. As such, its annoying not to know the other work that has been done, even though i could ring the dealers that did the work I do not know what reg no it might have been under. Plus they might get sniffy about data protection.

I might just right to the previous owners for whom I have addresses, with any luck they might have something...

Re Northway, they are a great place. Are they too far away for service or misc work? It could be that building a bit of a commercial relationship might help.

Cheers Lads,

Sounds like hearts breaking all the way over the UK. What a shame.

Sounds like money talks so perhaps ill take my next 6k service down to Northway.

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back