Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ahhh my mind is my worst enemy!!!

allan108

So i have to much down time at work when the weather is bad!!!!!

i have been loving my rs replica during the summer, but I'm beginning to ponder if a newer 997 turbo or 4s might be a better everyday car for the whole year????? its my only car.

geeeees I'm posting out of some hope of a slap in the face or sanity check???

current car....... I Absolutely love it, but, oh you all know what its like, bloody piston heads!!!!!! :frustrated:

Attachments

• p1030827_190.jpg
    p1030827_190.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 13,016
:wack:

Why not get a cheapo 4WD car or somesuch for winter use and keep the 3.2. Probably be better off financially in the long run than owning a newer car which may/may not have more depreciating to do, and the 3.2 is going up...

I'll take that old rust bucket off your hands!

So would I

A keeper

Banish those thoughts for you will regret it :bandit:

I think you will kick yourself repeatedly and vigorously for swapping air for water cooling. I love my 997 4S, but I often find myself in iPhoto looking at photo's of my old '78 SC with a stupid grin on my face...

This was her from a few years ago... look at it. Perfect.

Agreed, get a cheap runaround and garage it over the winter. That's a beauty.

bonkers if you don't

Buy a bloomin hatchback but keep the red glory

I actually had a lump in my throat on the day I px'd my '88 3.2 for an at the time new E36 BMW M3 for the same reason of day-to-day usability. Sheer madness. Not helped by the dealer then parking it behind a wall, where I could see it peeking over when I went back a day later, almost looking at me like a scolded puppy :sad:

If you're wondering which daily car to buy, then buy a R53 Mini Cooper S. I have one as my daily and it's loads of fun. Fast and great in the corners. Enough power that you won't miss the Porka too much. And you can pick them up for a couple of grand now.

Exactly

Plus they are really good on B roads

They remain the benchmark
:)

Thanks folks, its the sort of talking too i need!!!

maybe a small hatch for winter is a good idea, i absolutely love the rs replica, its a 3.0 by the way, but still these thoughts.

it does need to stay.

I've done over 103k in my r53 jcw it's the one car I would never sell and to think what they cost now compared to new they are the performance hatch of the millennium

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back