Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time to change.the 911....

I have had three 911s
Currently own a discovery 4 and a current generation cayenne 3.0d and a 2015 RS4

I have never wished the cayenne was faster...(it much quicker than the disco but not a patch on the RS4) why, because it dose what it was designed to do really well..

Carry a family in comfort at good speed, it a lovely place to be in and has lots of toys (and the security of Porsche warranty cover).

I would suggest if you want a bigger car, go for the newest, most comfortable you can get.....I think in reality you will rarely get to exercise the performance of a turbo.

If you truly want a fast family car get a fast estate/hatch back....you could easily swap your 2009 gen 2 997 into a 2013/14 RS4 or even a brand new golf R.

We kept our cayenne s (just the 4.5 v8 petrol) for about 4 years.
Never got tired of it. Perfect for cruising about with wife and child in the back , but also really covers ground well if you put your foot down.

Now have a Range Rover vogue 4.2 supercharged , and before I got the 997, really hankered after the newer 5.0 supercharged. They are £90k cars , now available in the low £30s

Don't know what your budget is, but say £40k even gets you a lot of Range Rover ! I would be torn between a cayenne and that. Test drive a few options I would say

:thumbs:

Niall996 said:
in don't think Panamera's are either good looking or ugly. They are so unique and individual that they're in their own category. And for that reason alone I like them. They also have undoubted road presence and a real premium quality luxury brand vibe.

Cars like Audi A7's, Jag XJ's + BMW X6 are further signs of consumers looking for alternatives. I like the fact that the Panamera is so unique. And it does say Porsche.
Agree on both counts :thumb: For the Panamera, only the 20" Turbo alloys seem to suit imo.

2013-Porsche-Panamera-Turbo-S-Image.jpg

~ Maxie

Larger car: Panamera or RS4
Smaller one: Golf R

I agree with vroom vroom :D

that pic looks like my '13 plate turbo - except mine was all black - sports design stuff sorts out most of the styling issues IMHO

Niall996 said:
Great picture. Now that's a dramatic cool looking luxury 4door!

With a certain road presence and style. White does the car justice.

My choice for a four door GT car. Be a classic / time will tell

:thumbs:

Looks equally devastating in black too:

3178_p2_l.jpg

~ Maxie 8)

Maxie said:
Looks equally devastating in black too:

3178_p2_l.jpg

~ Maxie 8)

Maxie,

Looks like you are a proud owner of Jag! Have you got a beard and a beer belly as well :D

Slayer said:
Maxie,

Looks like you are a proud owner of Jag! Have you got a beard and a beer belly as well :D
Lol....I was thinking that of myself quite recently too.....! No beard but the belly appears to be of its own making :sad: I did want the Panamera but couldn't quite step up with the necessary finances (I was a cash buyer). Jaguar looks nice enough but I guess it's not a Panamera!

~ Maxie

Thanks for all the replies....

So, my 911 has been sold, sad to see it go and missing it already. In its place, I've bought a 2009 Cayenne GTS from the guys at RSJ, with air suspension and PDCC options. First impressions are good, and whilst it's no 911, it's a fun car to drive and the Standard PSE makes a fantastic noise. Lot of car for the money! As a bonus, I can use it to tow a trailer with the family pony to shows in the summer.

Having gone for an older Cayenne, there are a few £'s left over in the kitty...so am already considering the possibility of buying an older 911 (prob 996) to get the best of both worlds so to speak. Will save a few more pennies over the winter and start the search in spring....so hopefully the loss of a 911 is only temporary!

:)

I'm in the market for a Cayenne but the E2 shape diesel. Basically I've got a back problem and I now need a vehicle with good seat height and visibility especially as it will be a daily driver and 10k+ business miles.

Looked at various options - RR evoque - shoite and plastic interior which looks/is cheap. New RRS better proposition but way over priced. X5 not bad but no support in the seats.

Cayenne wins it for me in terms of quality finish, build and handling. However it is BIG.

I now need to find one with all the options I want. I will not compromise on no air suspension but can I find one with reasonable miles that has the 18-way adaptive sport comfort seats AND air :pc: I've found a 120k miler with every extra and more I'd want but it looks like MC Hammer owned it (minus spinners)

Having sat in those sports seats they are THE dogs gonads but I cant understand why someone would spec them without air yet have 21"+ wheels :dont know:

Next option is 14-way seats.........................

Having sat in those sports seats they are THE dogs gonads but I cant understand why someone would spec them without air yet have 21"+ wheels

Quite right Zingers, they are shite to drive on 21's. I've got both on my drive at the moment.

The air suspension doesn't make any appreciable difference unless you are going off-road a lot. I use mine (2015 Cayenne S Diesel, without air) over green lanes, muddy fields etc., and it's still light years ahead of my ML which had air and any of my previous Range Rovers for that matter, with or without air. Also I don't think air will help your back at all if you are mostly on-road driving.

It really depends what you need it for.

Good luck,
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back