Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bargain OBDII code reader gets the thumbs up!

Beej160 said:
Beej160 said:
wasz said:
MisterCorn said:
I thought my £30 Sealey one was good value but that is just nuts. Well worth having one.

MC

You think thats cheap I have one of these in the glove box:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221847479159

£2.64, pair with a phone app and it reads / clears all engine codes and does live data.

Hi Wasz, what is the phone called?
Cheers

I meant to say phone app!
Can you tell me what software you use. Is it Apple or Android?

I bought one of these readers from the link posted by Alex.
It recognised the car no problem.Great bit of kit. :thumbs:

kas750 said:
I bought one of these readers from the link posted by Alex.
It recognised the car no problem.Great bit of kit. :thumbs:

TY :thumb:

Does it work on the 924? :grin:

:floor:

alex yates said:
ELA said:
Tried mine last night for the first time on my Mrs VW Golf Cab. It failed to recognise the car. Anyone else had this problem. Do you need to insert 3xAA batteries into the back of it? Reason I ask is it takes power from the OBD cable and lights up fine, I choose VW then scan but after a few moments it came back with a message about not being able to connect, Check IGN on etc...

Try just selecting "other" when it asks for the make. It only reads it with mine when I select other, but I've also seen this with other makes and code readers.

Sorry Alex, I didn't mention above that I have already tried this; also to no avail. This is now the 4th OBD reader I have bought and it doesn't work with this car (the readers they use when in for service all work fine). I will try in on my 996 to see if it works.

Works fine for the 996. I wonder what the issue is with this bloody Golf :dont know:

its a VW say no more :floor:

You have to do the cheat codes (Super Mario Style) to get your VW to work and access the self fix software in the ECU. IIRC Left indicator (3 times), brake twice etc.

VW are really good at sorting ecu's, maybe thats why certain readers struggle??
:D

just ordered mine

Hey guys will this work with a Porsche Cayman 3.4 s on a 2010 year.?

Yes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back