Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In Car Camera - Front and Rear

Sarfend

Looking to invest in the above and wondered what makes/models people can recommend based on their usage. I don't want to have to hard wire the cameras in and was hoping for wireless or Bluetooth connection from front camera to rear camera.

I have a 996 turbo S but doubt that makes any difference.

Lots to choose from and price range is spread too. Thanks in advance

I'm currently using a roadhawk HD but thinking of upgrading to their new 4 channel system for all round coverage

I fitted front/rear cameras to both my 964 and my daily driver only last week. I went for the Mobius, on the strength of very good reviews and value for money, and I have to say I've been very pleased so far. I very nearly bought the Mini 0806, which also gets good reviews, until I discovered that retailers are not stocking it because of unresolved software issues. At the other end of the price range I liked the look of the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH front/rear combo - but it's twice as much as the Mobius, the rear camera only does 720p, and I don't really need the GPS and wifi.

I bought from Car Camera Shop (I have no connection with them) and I have to say their service is first class. I can let you have a 5% discount voucher code if you use them. Techmoan has quite a range of Youtube dashcam reviews, including the Mobius and the Mini 0806.

I'm using Road Angel front/rear dash cams:

Seems good enough to me.

~ Maxie

Maxie, is that a hard wired installation? If so, is it a DIY or pro install? It looks a nice and neat set up.

Shurv said:
Maxie, is that a hard wired installation? If so, is it a DIY or pro install? It looks a nice and neat set up.
The option is there to hardwire it if you want to. I didn't and used the DC plug in the arm-rest. I fitted it myself and shoved all the wiring into the A-pillars and into the rear part of the roof lining. Easy enough to set up but for the Road-Angel, you have to go to their web site to download the pdf instruction manual.

~ Maxie

flying_scotsman said:
I fitted front/rear cameras to both my 964 and my daily driver only last week. I went for the Mobius, on the strength of very good reviews and value for money, and I have to say I've been very pleased so far. I very nearly bought the Mini 0806, which also gets good reviews, until I discovered that retailers are not stocking it because of unresolved software issues. At the other end of the price range I liked the look of the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH front/rear combo - but it's twice as much as the Mobius, the rear camera only does 720p, and I don't really need the GPS and wifi.

I bought from Car Camera Shop (I have no connection with them) and I have to say their service is first class. I can let you have a 5% discount voucher code if you use them. Techmoan has quite a range of Youtube dashcam reviews, including the Mobius and the Mini 0806.

Looking to get one of those (Mobius) myself now.

SEE YA said:

The Mobius is a very versatile little box which also can be used for other activities - on a (motor) bike, or sports. My son and I have even managed to attach it to a harness on the dog. And the 1080p quality is amazing.

Out of all ive seen I like the roadhawk HD best, easy to hardwire in and you can buy a mounting kit so can swap between cars, quality is as good as a Go Pro, in fact im thinking of selling my Go Pro and just fitting a Roadhawk.

flying_scotsman said:
SEE YA said:

The Mobius is a very versatile little box which also can be used for other activities - on a (motor) bike, or sports. My son and I have even managed to attach it to a harness on the dog. And the 1080p quality is amazing.

If it's this model, then you might like to know that the outputs will not appear simultaneously on playback; rather-more, two separate cameras recording separate images. This is the reason why two memory cards are needed (for each camera). The other units for sale appear to run off a single card thus producing both front and rear images using simultaneous playback ie. you don't have to line up images yourself as in this Mobius camera.

I've also noticed that the other units are fairly expensive; my Road Angel unit (one card, two cameras and two simultaneous images) is about the same cost as the Mobius if you look up them for sale by eBay re-sellers (same warranty will be offered).

~ Maxie

flying_scotsman said:
I went for the Mobius, on the strength of very good reviews and value for money

I bought the same camera for my Wife, now we have evidence of her erratic driving in high quality video!

Note: Get the wide angle model (camera not wife).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back