Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro 996's

Niall996

I've seen couple of retro 996's recently with Fuchs and ducktails and even a check pattern cloth interior!

This one caught my eye. I absolutely hate the front and I'm fairly sure most people on here will hate it as well but in this colour, I think the side decal, fuch's and ducktail work well. I prefer it to the GT3/aero look. With the ducktail, the rear curves/window line are somehow maintained. What I can't make out is if the car is a NB or C4S?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEbed5DCfng

RPM's version of a retro 996

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/rpm-996-retro-package/32573

Apologies for my 'broken record' response but I'm a huge fan of the customised / retro look 996 scene.

Having missed the 964 boat now I'm tempted to jump aboard this one. I'm thinking early 996, buckets, Hartech rebuilt 997 3.8S engine, ducktail, Ambers, Fuchs, CIIBRA style lights................... :chin:

I like the concept of the Op but not that particular example. The colour scheme reminds me of this

Attachments

• article_2555890_1b5b968900000578_358_634x465_116.jpg
    article_2555890_1b5b968900000578_358_634x465_116.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 16,481
I agree Paul :thumb:

Take a high mileage , base spec car for not much money and throw a few quid at it
For engine , suspension , retro wheels and ducktail
http://ebay.to/1UPuMKJ

Won't be a great economic proposition, but how fun to have a retro look.

Saw the RPM csr at Hedingham last week ...in the grass car park :floor:

Was very nice

In a similar vein, I'm toying with the idea of a 996 in tones of Magnus Walker. Mind you, that's purely in car styling aesthetics rather than his own or his driving abilities. :eek:

6SP14.jpg

magnus-walker-joshua-paiz-art-stereochampions-porsche-automobile-stereo-champions-2-670x435.jpg

magnus-walker-sharwerks-porsche-911-gt2.jpg

I'm also wanting to go the csr route
absolutely love the ducktail
and after seeing all the little tweeks csr do I fancy slowly converting mine
although I prefer the looks of the ohlins suspension on the 997 version as apposed to the kw's on the 996

Niall996 said:
paul987 said:
I like the concept of the Op but not that particular example. The colour scheme reminds me of this

Not this no?

porsche-917.jpg

Touché sir! :thumb:

I'm slowly going this way. Mine is a sub £10k special so i'm not too precious about keeping it original.

Chassis wise its now on Eibach Springs, but will get some coilovers when the dampers start to fail. I'd like an ARB kit but haven't seen one for a C4?

On the exterior I've got a Tequipment front bumper and Just trying to choose which ducktail to go for - Full fat carbon one from RPM or a GRP one from Getty/CC. Also going to try and get a centre exit exhaust going too- got a fabricator on the case, just got to get a spare bumper to play with.

On the interior I fitted some Corbeau buckets at the weekend and have got a Cup Steering Wheel from Gert to go in. Am collecting interior plastics via ebay which will get dipped or sprayed to contrast with the Savannah. Already got the console delete done and have booked a trimmer to get some bits retrimmed just after xmas.

Engine will get some RSS mounts to go with the shortshift it already has. Keep thinking about a LTWFW but am not sure what they are like to live with ?

However.....what would the impact of putting on a ducktail instead of the existing professionally engineered design? Would there be aerodynamic instability? Sudden catastrophic loss of back end grip. Noticable drag? The law of unforseen repurcutions and all that!

Niall996 said:
However.....what would the impact of putting on a ducktail instead of the existing professionally engineered design? Would there be aerodynamic instability? Sudden catastrophic loss of back end grip. Noticable drag? The law of unforseen repurcutions and all that!

did wander that myself :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back