Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lola T70 recreation-- Was Sold

ChrisT70

Ok this is my other pride and joy which is also unfortunately up for sale due to me having a beautiful new to me 993 to play with and not doing trackdays like i used to!

Gardner Douglas T70 (2009)
SOLD

track-day-cars-track-only-S1797444-1.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...y-cars/track-only/gardner-douglas-t70/3770059

I built this myself its a Gardner Douglas Lola T70 one of the most beautiful and brutal sports cars of the 1960 Can Am era.

Built from new components and factory finished bodywork.

900kg 500bhp. Mid engined rwd. 0 to 100mph in 7s
No abs, no power steering, no driver aids.
Lots and lots of grip power and speed. You don't get much coming past you on a trackday!

Not road registered but can be and would be on a new plate when done if you wished to drive it on the road. Some crazy people do so already. One of 36 cars built
And as new.

Thanks for looking

I caught myself with my mouth wide open looking at your PH advertisement. That is beautiful. Simply one of the prettiest cars I've ever seen.

Whytar said:
I caught myself with my mouth wide open looking at your PH advertisement. That is beautiful. Simply one of the prettiest cars I've ever seen.

the body moulds were taken off a heritage Lola T70. the arches were modified to pass SVA regs for clearance etc but basically its as per the original John Frayling and Eric Broadley design from 1965. you'll see design clues from the Ford GT40 they had already done, the T70 was what they actually wanted to build for Ford but were not allowed to do.

if anyone likes the T70 and Can Am era i strongly urge you go to Silverstone classic and stand in the pits when they fire the originals up for racing. the prettiest sports cars, with the loudest most fabulous soundtrack ever.

my car is 500bhp and just under a tonne, the originals racing now are 7-800bhp and 650kg. my friend is a spanner monkey on a Maclaren for a race team and gets to test drive them..... :D

A serious amount of want on that GD, it does look an absolute hoot. I love the T70 era too. 1k miles in six years is a lttle telling on the practicalities :floor:

fantastic car, GLWS

Thanks for the comments. It really does go as well as it looks. Took me 13 months of hard work and cash to build it but was an enjoyable project. It was my 40th birthday present to myself :)

Senoj said:
A serious amount of want on that GD, it does look an absolute hoot. I love the T70 era too. 1k miles in six years is a lttle telling on the practicalities :floor:

fantastic car, GLWS

1k miles is all on track too, its never been road driven. Well ok, maybe i did driveit round the block once the first time we started it lol

Re: Lola T70 recreation for sale

ChrisT70 said:
Ok this is my other pride and joy which is also unfortunately up for sale due to me having a beautiful new to me 993 to play with and not doing trackdays like i used to!

Gardner Douglas T70 (2009)
For sale Privately, in uk, United Kingdom
£54,995

track-day-cars-track-only-S1797444-1.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...y-cars/track-only/gardner-douglas-t70/3770059

I built this myself its a Gardner Douglas Lola T70 one of the most beautiful and brutal sports cars of the 1960 Can Am era.

Built from new components and factory finished bodywork.

900kg 500bhp. Mid engined rwd. 0 to 100mph in 7s
No abs, no power steering, no driver aids.
Lots and lots of grip power and speed. You don't get much coming past you on a trackday!

Not road registered but can be and would be on a new plate when done if you wished to drive it on the road. Some crazy people do so already. One of 36 cars built
And as new.

Thanks for looking

Beautiful car. Love the shape of the nose and the side air inlets.

Simply stunning.

:worship:

Hopefully sold to someone who will drive it.

as it happens i ended up turning down a private buyer and have sold it back to the factory at an acceptable price as it just felt the right thing to do. they are going to road register it and use it as their demo car for a while, it may end up being sold to a new German dealer they are working with to promote their cars in Germany once its passed their regulations.

I out 13 months of blood sweat and tears (and cash!) into building it and it was a brilliant life experience. still the best looking sports car of all time imho.

track footage

https://youtu.be/0RV2mMbDpH0

my car is the red one in front of my friend chasing around blyton. the blue car is a small block chevvy with 450bhp, mine is LS6 with about the same maybe a bit more.

this is the other red T70 they built with 600+bhp going round the ring in 7 mins odd. what a beast these cars are to drive

https://youtu.be/4MZ3Rbhui7c

enjoy!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back