Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Small jobs made a big difference

ras62

Hockenheim
I had noticed gear selection becoming more difficult these last few months so decided on a clutch change. Much to my surprise the old clutch and flywheel was still good order but a RS clutch/flywheel went in along with a new slave cylinder and hose. The new slave cylinder has made a huge difference to how the pedal feels.

So what of the RS setup? Well it's certainly altered the feel of the car and for the better imo. Idle is stable and there are no stall issues in fact the car pulls away on tick over which I didn't expect. The smoothness and quick response of the engine is very noticeable and really suits the cars character.

Another little job was a new throttle cable. Although the WOT switch was being operated it was right on the limit of pedal travel meaning the throttle wasn't quite open 100% . The new cable is much smoother to operate and the throttle opening fully seems to have released a few more ponies... :thumb:

Finally I have found the cause of my annoying engine ticking noise. The two piece Cup pipe had tiny gaps under the middle clamp! On close inspection there were tell tale blow marks Grrrr...it was bugging me for years!

Did you need a chip change/ remap for the supposed stalling that comes with the rs clutch and flywheel?

Hi Rob,

Great description! So the next project is an RS quick shift then? :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

Already done Paul....what next I wonder...

I'll think of something :?: .......I've thought......semi-tunable engine mounts to complete the direct transmission. :grin:

Cheers,
Paul

RS mounts installed and tbh I don't notice any difference. Not sure I could be bothered swapping things each time either.

G60pops..the car was setup some time ago by Wayne Schofield but on a dual mass at that time, so not set up specifically for the lighter flywheel. The stall problems seem to be a little hit and miss, maybe the aircon cars suffering more. Thankfully mine is fine.[/list]

ras62 what is the best way to contact unit11 as I am not having any luck by phone or email thus far?

By phone 01925 852000. Very unusual they don't answer unless it was maybe after 4pm on a Friday :dont know:

ras62 said:
By phone 01925 852000. Very unusual they don't answer unless it was maybe after 4pm on a Friday :dont know:

Ah yes, that would explain it. I tried after 4pm today.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back