Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valuation for insurance

iceboy

Hi All,

Could someone tell me where I can get a valuation for my car, so I can pass it to the Insurance company for an agreed value?

I live in Berkshire and I guess I would need to take it somewhere to get a valuation/appraisal?

IceBoy

If you're on good terms with your local Porsche indy he might be willing to provide a valuation. Mine did so foc, and my insurer (Lockton) was happy to accept this.

Come on guys, I need a valuation on my car within the next couple of weeks?!?

Anyone used anyone local to Berkshire??'

Iceboy

Thanks Martin,

Is he will to discuss the valuation or it is a set thing?!

Iceboy

You'll not know until you try and commission the firm.

Doubt that there will be a discussion - its supposed to be independent after all.

You can also ask Porsche GB.

iceboy said:
Thanks Martin,

Is he will to discuss the valuation or it is a set thing?!

Iceboy

You complete the valuation request form on the website and John Glynn will contact you by email. You send some photos, pay the fee and then you get the valuation report which you send to your Insurance company. At least that is how it worked for me. I did not discuss the value with John Glynn at all. He is totally independent.
PCGB will do it but take weeks, as I discovered on a previous occasion.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back