Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Prince Philip - Happy Birthday(you have made us laugh)

wizard993

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-quotes-relive-90-133848

A "natural" comedian if ever there was one.

Two of my all-time fav's:

"18 To Lockerbie residents after plane bombing, 1993: 'People say after a fire it's water damage that's the worst. We're still drying out Windsor Castle."

44 'I'd like to go to Russia very much – although the bastards murdered half my family." 1967.

Enjoy :grin:

Rather perversely, he actually had a point with 29. After Dunblane resulted in a tabloid campaign to ban handguns, official statistics showed that crime committed with handguns actually went up (the reason for this is widely considered that the level of crime with legally held weapons was statistically insignificant and crime was increasing anyway, but the point remains that there is no basis to assert that banning legally held handguns in the UK saved a single life. As such this is one more time - if one is so inclined - to take the opposite side of an argument to Piers Morgan).

I love him. They're not gaffs but rather insensitive comments.

I like the one from 2002ish when he talking to an MP. He asked the MP what he did before he became an MP and the guy said he was a trade union steward. "***** all then" stated the Prince.
The MP trying to get back at him asked the Prince what he had done before he married the Queen.
Prince replied, "Fought in the Second World War". Game set and match to the Prince.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back