Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

At Supercar event, Ferrari FXX road legal!

isysman

Daytona
So as some of you may know, I'm in a Supercar club called supercar-driver.com. We had a meet today at RAF Scampton and we met the Red Arrows. We also had use of a 2 1/2 mile track to use to rag our cars.

A 160 cars in attendance with some super rare cars indeed. I have still photos which I'll upload later if people are interested but I took a short video of a very rare car indeed, might be a one off in fact.

The car in question - a Ferreri FXX. Now I know what you are thinking, they made a number of those cars, but this one has been made ROAD LEGAL! God knows how he's done this as the original idea was they keep them at the factory and you use them for track days. But he's done it. He's only just taken delivery of it and he sold his Enzo to get it.

What makes it so unbelievable that it's road legal is the sound from it. The noise would put a current F1 car to shame. I just don't know how he passed the nose limits. Maybe he has a switchable system. Anyway I shot a video that also features a Bugatti Veyron which shows the noise comparison. If you have good speakers, turn up the volume!

L1030368_zpswjvoqhxg.jpg

When I say he's just taken delivery, it still has the plastic guards on the carbon parts!

L1030364_zpsqjbnnowb.jpg

Gratuitous photos

L1030343_zpschyisokc.jpg

L1030361_zpsbt9jckoc.jpg

L1030362_zpsedwhurws.jpg

Quite Throaty !!!!!

is this the same guy that has an Enzo for sale at Wilmslow?

FZP said:
is this the same guy that has an Enzo for sale at Wilmslow?

Well he owned an Enzo and he lives in that area so probably.

He also owns this... :eek:

7E54A55E-20C0-452D-BB90-7B32F453B1AE_zpswdcl2pya.jpg

FXX

Looking at the rear view of the FXX with the doors open! UGGHHH! No wonder early 911s make big money. That looks bloody awful! If that is what car styling has come to it is a rather poor show!

Re: FXX

stichill99 said:
Looking at the rear view of the FXX with the doors open! UGGHHH! No wonder early 911s make big money. That looks bloody awful! If that is what car styling has come to it is a rather poor show!

I tend to agree although I like later 911's also. There is an element of brutalist functionality in some of the supercars these days that belongs only on a race track imo. The back of the Ferrari looks like a 1970's kit car. The 5/1000ths of a second saved by ugliness aren't worth it. Cars should be more than a set of numbers. Especially Ferrari's.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back