Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DB5 wrecked near Manchester Airport Tunnels

FZP

Zandvoort
I could not believe my own eyes today. Jumped of the M5 that takes you through the airport tunnels and at the intersection I could see it resting on a downed traffic light pole.
As I came past it the worst of the damage was yet to be seen. Th whole left side was ruined with the front left wheel under the car.
Just heartbreaking stuff

Wonder how the Astra got on!?

:grin:

Astra driver was taken away and shot for destroying the Aston!

Given its value I assume it will be rebuilt after the write off payout.

I'd guess the owner will never let it go to Insurance. Having it made into a Cat C would devalue it. Most likely have it rebuilt at his own cost. That's what I would do anyway.

I hope the occupants are ok, that is just so gut wrenching.you have something nice and then it's wrecked :nooo:

isysman said:
I'd guess the owner will never let it go to Insurance. Having it made into a Cat C would devalue it. Most likely have it rebuilt at his own cost. That's what I would do anyway.

Surely it would only gain a category rating if deemed beyond economical repair and TBH that's unlikely.

kas750 said:
isysman said:

Surely it would only gain a category rating if deemed beyond economical repair and TBH that's unlikely.

Yeah I suppose assuming they agree on the value.

isysman said:

Ha!

If it is really worth a million it wouldn't be written off anyway.

What would it cost to repair? I dunno maybe even £200k? that doesn't even approach the pre-accident value so it wouldn't be written off.

It will be fixed up by the Insurance company and the next owner may be completely unaware when they HPI it....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back