Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Loudlink Folder Structure

xoomdouglas

Hi Folks,

just bought a Loudlink from their web site.

Its exactly what I need but when I connect it to my CD changer cable the LED lights up correctly but when I select CD as source on the head unit it says no CD present.

I have formatted the SD card as FAT32 and created a folder structure as below

cd01
cd02
cd06

Inside these folders I have a folder containing music.

Anyone any thoughts on how I get this to work ?

Hi, just stumbled upon this post and I have an interest having just ordered a Loudlink.

Did you solve the problem? Not received my unit yet but in my research found a reference on Rennlist from a user whose unit did not work until he updated the firmware. Instructions are on the Loudlink website.

I haven't been able to get it too work yet.

Just about to try the firmware update.

Anyone who has this working can you give any tips ???

Thanks for the reply. Now have my Loudlink installed and all the functions work well except for playing music from the SD card. However I can select CDs 1 to 6 by pressing the 'select' button on the head unit - just no music! The Loudlink Explorer program won't run on either of my Windows 7 laptops so not a solution.

Did find a post on a Maserati forum indicating you need to create folders named cd01 to cd05 and copy tracks to these but no joy yet. Will try the firmware update when my 2gb card arrives. I tried the Android app udate method but that didn't work.

Good luck, post an update of any progress.

Still No Joy

Still not working for me.

Attempted the firmware update but not sure about the .hex file I am using as I am having to create it on a MAC.

The attempted firmware update made no difference for me but as I said I am not sure the .hex file was correct.

It would be really good to get hold of a .hex file that someone has used that has worked.

Do you have the .hex file ?

I am not sure what to try next....

Just tried again with a 2gb SD card. The LED didn't 'toggle' as the installation guides suggest it should.

Not sure if I am trying to use the correct file as the nomenclature used on the Loudlink websitedoes not quite match the model nomenclature.

Using a Windows PC the unzipped file is a .BIN not a .HEX which is also confusing although a post on the Maserati forum mentions .BIN is correct.

Having now followed the instructions in the install guide as closely as possible with no success - have emailed Arnold at Loudlink asking for his help.

However - it is only fair to say that as the bluetooth functions via the iPhone to make/receive calls, stream music (and get turn-by-turn instructions from my sat nav app with muting of music) all work very well, I really have all the added functionality I was looking for.

Would like to have the SD card music available too though!

Xoomy,

You can contact the main man at Loudlink I'll send you a PM with his email address (not good netiquette to post on an open forum).

The firmware update is a red herring - not applicable to the unit we both have.

My unit is now playing music from a 16GB SD card.

It sounds as if you are saying your unit doesn't do anything at all (?).

Have you checked the connection at the headunit end of the cable?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back