Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this 996 worth the money or are they trying it on?

carpride

I am currently looking for a 911 - Either a 996 or 997

This one is close to the house and I bought a very nice EVO X from them last year that was awesome. I love the look of it and spec and yes even the colour. I just can't get my head around the price.

The pics in the advert really don't do it justice. They must have asked stevie wonder to take them.

It does need a little work to be perfect. New windscreen and some chip repair to the front end. Other than that its very clean on the surface.

What would you expect to pay for it? I am thinking its worth 16-17k max

its ebay item 381288472545

and the link is

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Y-PO...545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58c6905fe1

Seems expensive to me.

MC

Stevie wonder would be the only person who could get close to it in that colour.

TBH, yellow is not for me but somehow the bodykit and yellow combo looks pretty good. It looks like a proper race car.

Could you find out when the bodykit was fitted, was it part of a repair scheme, sometimes people do that then paint it all up at the same time?

I like the seats too, the interior looks a bit scuffed up but nothing too nasty.

All in all, i reckon you might get away with a cheeky offer, just because it's in a love it/hate it colour but if you love it and you want to be seen, then go for it.

17k I reckon :thumb:

edit: body kit, sunroof, sport exhaust are all attractive selling points.

Looks nice, but the devil is in the detail. for 20k it would need to be very very tidy. The miles are low so that's probably why the extra ask...

The kit is full factory fit.

The interior on the pics looks scuffed. In person its very good and after a proper weekend off with my cleaning tools it would look showroom.

Miles are low for the year. The engine had a full dealer rebuild when it was under warranty due a cracked head I believe.

I do like the yellow stitching and seat belts.
It is a clean unique one but 20k :?:

Pics are total crap because flash has been used. I can imagine the seats and interior looking a lot better in the flesh.

A couple of things to note:
- Sports exhaust isn't the PSE because there isn't a switch on the dash.
- Has it been serviced since 2011??

Personally I love that aerokit/wheels/colour combo, everyone knows yellow is the fastest colour :grin:
Not sure about £20k though... but what do you have to lose by putting in a realistic offer?

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

They're on :cloud9:

Talk about having a laugh. Car's been off the road since at least November last year, not surprising at that price. My opinion - £12k tops.

If you think it's worth the money, then it is. Clean 69k mile cars are getting rarer.

But.....

You are paying top whack. For £20k you really ought to be getting pristine service history. The kit needs to be factory for that amount too, as does the paint. And a mint interior is a must. (Mine was still pristine at 90k).

I think they're having a punt and testing the market. And that's where early 996's are now. They're not depreciating so apart from the cash being tied up, they aren't losing any more money for the dealer.

Personally I'd be patient and keep looking. But this is starting to remind me of the market when I was buying my turbo and prices were all over the place. A strong indicator it has turned. So don't wait too long. But this one is expensive. :thumb:

Shaoxter said:
- Sports exhaust isn't the PSE because there isn't a switch on the dash.

I read somewhere (probably rennlist) that the very first 996 PSE wasn't switchable - it was literally as per the gundo hack - a pipe from inlet to outlet. Pretty soon after they made it switchable.

When I replaced the crusty exhaust on my car ('99) I found what I thought was gundo hacked exhaust had the most perfect 'factory looking' welding around that area, not usual globby mess of even the best exhaust bodgers. Who knows.

I can't beleive I am saying this, but..... is that a Tequipment gearknob?!

Ouch that is expensive.

Depends if they took it back very strong in part Ex.

It is a true one off but at most i'd think £15995 on a pitch.

If you went to trade the same car in you'd be offered 11-12k

I think your all thinking the same as me. Its nice but its not worth the ask. Its close to the house but not 4k close to the house..

I would be mildly tempted to try them nearer 15k mark but I recon previous poster is right in that if there happy the money sat in the car its not going to devalue what its really worth so just let it sit for a nice bit of cream when someone with more money than sense comes along.

Going to look at this one in a few mins as found 8 hours to kill in Huddersfield today. Its 4 years newer and is a 4S so nice wide body :lol:

Will report back

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Pors...a-4-S-2dr-/111709218822?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3

Saw those links a bit late but location and a few differences won me over. Managed to negotiate the price a bit also

ITS MINE!!!! :grin:

2004 C4S. Switchable sports exhaust which I had no idea the difference that makes! The test drive was electric :cop:

They are going to MOT it for me over the weekend so time for me to go get my private plate retention doc to send off with the V5C when I collect it next week

Now comes the hard part! telling the missis that my spare few hours in Leeds turned out very expensive lol :lock:

We get married in 6 weeks so I think I might hide it until the morning after the wedding and it magically appear in the carpark of the hotel to go home in. Question is what do I do with it until then?

Anyway. Thanks for the replies to my original post. Seems mellow Yellow was not for me. not at that price anyway.

Give is a wave when you see me. Reg will be P11OT + one other letter as I can't afford just Pilot lol.

:thumb:

Looks nice and tidy mate, congrats. Seal Grey, same colour a my 996TT!

If she doesn't like it then she's not worth it.... :dont know:

haha

Oz

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back