Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Might buy a new M3 or M4

Cheers Paul... :lol:

Love it :thumb:

We get those videos when the Mrs's X3 goes in for its service at Ridgeway, Salisbury.

A good idea in my book.

Yes it's a good idea really....

I'm really loving the car btw, it's getting used far more than the Porsche at the moment...
It's current trick is the traction control warning light coming on in fourth gear on a dry straight road!!!! :eek:

However the TC comes in very smoothly and unobtrusively without cutting the power too much, I must try the lower MDM setting and see if there's any more squirming to be had... :hand:

New996buyer said:
Not mad at all!

I was following a new 'R' this morning in my 996tt and boy those things can duck and weave. It was early and I wasn't in 'race' mode so I enjoyed watching him do his 'scalded cat' impression when I came up behind him in 'Ness'. It was like the 'Italian Job' (but, er, in Watford........) as he whizzed in and out of traffic so he could win :grin:

Anyway from my 'morning commute mode' relaxed vantage point I was impressed how rapid and nippy it looked. But the four huge exhaust tips at the back just look......silly.....I was passing an A1 RS thingy with them the other day and that looked ridiculous with it's four exhausts :nooo:

Anyway, that's no help!

Both M3 and M4 look terrific - enjoy your experimenting! I don't think you're mad at all :thumb:

Golf R with four exhausts looks ridiculous, but BMW with four exhausts looks terrific? :roll:

I love my Golf R, no doubt the M4 is hugely capable, but as a UK daily, frankly silly IMHO.

scottuk said:
Golf R with four exhausts looks ridiculous, but BMW with four exhausts looks terrific? :roll:

Pretty much, yes. A hot hatch works when all the add ons have a genuine utility. Quad exhausts are for nothing more than saying 'look at me'. So I do. I LOL at them.

Oops typo :puh:

EDIT - joking aside I think they're fantastic machines and I'd love to have my turbo and something like an R but sadly circumstances don't allow so it's either or for me :nooo: :thumb:

But still think the quads are silly...... :grin:

s2000db said:
It's arrived!

I'll collect it tomorrow after I'm back from my hols!

:mrgreen:

Stunning... What a machine and sound brilliant :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back