Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie from London looking for a 964 or 993

jonttt said:
The search is half the fun, just don't queue up behind Zingari :grin:

:hand: Actually I've rejected several out of hand as some sellers apply the Mystic Meg approach to values :nooo: Also turned down a few because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time but in my budget area.

Started looking in November last year and still not bought :dont know: Missed the chance. Best wait until the down turn next year :what:

You've just missed out on a 964 I came across for, in todays market, reasonable money. I can see £15k being added in a few months after a third of that invested :wink:

Sounds like I missed out on that 964. Was that the blue C2 coupe?

Please do let me know if you come across anything decent.

elan said:
Sounds like I missed out on that 964. Was that the blue C2 coupe?

:grin: Yes it was and bought by a broker who obviously saw a good profit in it :wack:

I think you probably need to see one at a dealer as it will be cleaned up etc... You will be able to drive it and use it as a benchmark for looking at both dealer and private cars.

Who knows you might even buy the first one you see at the dealer if it ticks all your boxes.

Personally stick with the Carrera 2 manual, and if you need air con there were more 993 than 964 that had it fitted in UK. The 993 has a better rear suspension but is more heavier than the 964. Also you are looking at 20 year old cars so do your homework on what to look for.

carkid said:
elan said:
Its now for sale rather than on auction. Any views on this car? Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...696?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee3a033e8

Tiptronic. Wrong wheels, aero kit spoiler , :?:

Probably because it got nowhere near the buyers reserve :hand: To me it doesn't look right, especially that front spoiler and I reckon on viewing I could find many issues. Knock £5k off and whip those seats out for £3k then it looks a proposition :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back