Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Solihull - Rant

I have been asked by an OPC salesman when I wanted to test drive a Turbo: 'Have you got enough money to put a deposit in!' (I will keep the dealer anonymous)

Walked away..never bought anymore from him. :nooo:

T-shirt / jeans scenario as well :puh:

That salesman made the cardinal mistake of judging a book by its cover!

For what it's worth, I have always found the receptionists at Porsche Hatfield to be most charming and helpful. The salesman who sold me my first Porsche always comes over and says hello even though I rather treacherously bought my last one (used) from Bournemouth; who were also very friendly. Popped in to the OPC Cambridge as I was passing the other day and it's probably fair to say I won't bother going there when I get my next 911 as they couldn't be bothered acknowledging my existence.

I had a mate who worked in the print as a machine operator, did loads of overtime, and consequently earned very good money
Was maybe 22, Lived at home with his parents, overweight and bad skin.

Anyway he changed cars more than anyone I know , didn't give 2 hoots about being sensible or depreciation or cost to change. He only bought new , and from main stealers.
I think his record was about 2 weeks before he got bored

Now these were all hot hatches, whatever latest or fastest he just had to have

Doesn't take much imagination to work out the grief he got ,
Whether it's Ford or Porsche, "we" pay these dealers wages...and arrogance on their part is unacceptable

Epilogue: the mate is now a world class DJ and minted, I expect he is troubling sunseeker salesmen these days :floor:

My own final thought on this is, I'm not referencing OPCs in general, as I've only ever been to two, Solihull and Sutton Coldfield. My thoughts regarding Solihull are now well known, but also my thoughts on Sutton Coldfield are known.

I could not be more complimentary regarding Sutton Coldfield. They are fantastic. Reception are always friendly, even on my first ever visit. Parts are fantastic. Techs and engineers are easy to deal with. Service are exemplary and I cannot speak highly enough of them and frequently do on feedback requests. I secretly think the lady who arranges feedback has removed me from the list as she's become tired with me extolling the virtues of the team at Sutton Coldfield and probably thinks I'm over doing it. :D

That is just to be clear as I'm not lambasting OPCs in general, however, as in life, some are capable of differentiating themselves.

cheshire911 said:
who is Seth? :popcorn:

I thought that was Seb's alter ego. He generally uses it to complain about everything in the world without getting into trouble or be accused of being a tart :grin:

Chief said:
cheshire911 said:
who is Seth? :popcorn:

I thought that was Seb's alter ego. He generally uses it to complain about everything in the world without getting into trouble or be accused of being a tart :grin:
That's only one of them! Who said personality disorder was a bad thing? :eek:

I've decided it's going to be Seth from now on.

Sweet.

Incidentally, I went into Solihull yesterday.

No flapjacks.

I wanted a part for my 964, the drawings didn't seem the same as mine so I suggested to the pats bloke that he had a look under by engine lid to see what I was referring to.

"no, I won't be able to tell , you have to show me in the parts book!"

I think I will try the same at SC today, see how I get on.

OK, I'm back from OPC Sutton Coldfield.

Receptionist was friendly and efficient, as you would expect. All the parts people were on the phone, but if I didn't mind waiting five or ten minutes someone would be with me.

Had a hot chocolate and ginger biscuits (no flapjack)

Within three minutes the parts guy was with me, looked on the PET, then came out to look at the car ("nice colour, is it original"?)

Agreed that the drawing on the PET wasn't exctly the same, looked at all variants including 993 in case it had been changed, then said they would get one in as often the drawings are inaccurate. (Checked to see if they had one in stock)

All in all a far better experience than at Solihull.

And that there lady and gentlemen is an impartial, back to back review. Thanks Peter, you've made me feel better. :eek:

I'm inclined to do the same thing in the interests of research. However, I am biased and will therefore be hypothesis led. :pc:

NB: Peter, you can call me Sweetie from now on if you'd prefer? I always insist on playing Daddy though. 8)

PeterS said:
No flapjacks.
Really? Figures. Apparently some pikey b@sta@rd came in with some dodgy looking dude in a Beamer and ate them all. :dont know:

Just popped in to OPC Sutton to collect my parts.

I mentioned there was a thread on here about Solihull...

"It's not Seb is it?"

(He obviously meant Seth)

:thumb:

They take customer service to a new level. A very striking lady on the service desk said to me "you're. ............. absolutely gorgeous"

She also put the words '964 is' in there, but I didn't listen to that bit.

:)

I'm Spartacus, sorry Seth..!!

OK, OK - i'll get me cloak....

Osh

p.s. can we rename this thread 'flapjackgate'...??

It's for this type of attitude, I *hate* going into dealerships.
I have enough self-confidence issues without some judgemental salesman/dealership making it worse :D

Unfortunately, I then start getting rather "formidable" in the company of these people. Call it a defense mechanism.

Will be heading to OPC Tewkesbury for a service soon (taking the car in too :p ) - not overly looking forward to the experience.

But this is usually because I don't dress in any particular manner. However, last time I checked *I'm* not there for a feckin interview. :D
They're a shop. Service provider. Simple.

FWIW, here's a flapjack for ya! :D

flapjack.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back