Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whose selling a Mini Cooper S?

highway

Mexico City
I came close to buying a 57 plate MCS around 6 years ago. A mate was selling his Mrs car. It was low miles and I thought it a hoot to drive. I didn't buy it which I've always kind of regretted. Recently bought the Mrs a Mini One auto which I've used today. I really like it. I love the way it corners. I bought a lovely Saab 9-5 at the end of last year which I've been using as my daily. My neighbour has been gagging to buy it and when I've found the right Mini I'm minded to let him.

I want a manual Cooper S. I'm not worried about the age as long as it's 07 on with a turbo not the supercharger. Must be LOW miles and preferably low owners. More spec the better. Whose selling??

Why not go for the Clubman 'Hobbit Hearse' Cooper S :dont know: Best value and you can easily get plenty of shoite in it for trip to the local dump :thumb:

Plenty of choice on eBay

Cooper S rocks! I bought one last year, just a 53 plate but I love it. It was only meant to be a daily runner for a few months until I got my new motor but I love it so much I'm going to keep it and use it as a track car (road legal).

The missus will be soon - needs a bigger car for work.

Let me find out details and send over to you, don't think its low miles though it's been well looked after and a sound car.

highway said:
I came close to buying a 57 plate MCS around 6 years ago. A mate was selling his Mrs car. It was low miles and I thought it a hoot to drive. I didn't buy it which I've always kind of regretted. Recently bought the Mrs a Mini One auto which I've used today. I really like it. I love the way it corners. I bought a lovely Saab 9-5 at the end of last year which I've been using as my daily. My neighbour has been gagging to buy it and when I've found the right Mini I'm minded to let him.

I want a manual Cooper S. I'm not worried about the age as long as it's 07 on with a turbo not the supercharger. Must be LOW miles and preferably low owners. More spec the better. Whose selling??

Why not get a new one on finance? Some good deals and you can get 5 years servicing included. The new F56 is a massive step forward in quality, refinement and specification whilst remaining a absolute blast to drive.

I don't want to spend bundles. Sub 20k mileage and somewhere around £6k. JCW not in that price range.

The finance bit doesn't make sense to me. Lots of the young guys I work with love these finance deals. I must be missing something. So you pay out a few hundred quid deposit then three or four hundred ££ per month for 2-3 years. For that you have access to a new car. In three years you have done over £10k then you give it back. With nothing to show for it. Or you buy it. Presumably at not a great price.

Can't see the logic in it :?:

highway said:
Can't see the logic in it :?:

It's how most people "buy" cars these days. You've been driving a 993 too long :thumb: I hate cars costing me money in depreciation too. I tend to keep any new cars for 8+ years so it doesn't work out too bad.

Highway - just checked... It's a grey Mini Cooper S convertible with 75k on the clock, FSH with next service due in 8k miles.

It's in good nick, I've advised SWMBO to get one of the wheels returned and it's booked in on Friday to get that done but other than that it's mechanically sound and the only reason for sale is needing a bigger car.

She's going to put it on for around 4.9k but would probably be happy with 4.5k. Let me know if it suits your needs, more than for you to take a look and inspection if you want but not needed IMHO.

I can get her to bring it along to the Fairmile meet if you are attending that on Wednesday?

Jim

Most people just want the shiny nu nu. All great in the short term. You're driving a nice brand new car for ultimately not a lot of money each month. BUT....after one, two or three years it IS a lot of money and you end up with nada...

highway said:
Most people just want the shiny nu nu. All great in the short term. You're driving a nice brand new car for ultimately not a lot of money each month. BUT....after one, two or three years it IS a lot of money and you end up with nada...

That's how the world revolves chum, that's why people wear designer clothes and have designer goods. No pockets in shrouds and young peoples values are all differeent these days often accepting debt as a by-product of the university education.

Are you related to Leonard Brezhnev by chance :dont know:

:thumb: Looks like DerbyJim has got the perfect motor. Be careful though if you wear a syrup as the wind whips round the cabin in those things :what:

Zingari said:
:thumb: Looks like DerbyJim has got the perfect motor.

I wouldn't go THAT far mate, but if you are after a Cooper S then it hits the mark! :floor: :floor:

Jim

Thanks for the offer but I'd like lower miles. I also want a tin top.

No worries at all.

BMW engine though, my last one went for 160k before it hit the central reservation.... :roll:

(Not me, I should add)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back