Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Amp install

ras62

Hockenheim
The Becker head unit really struggles to power the Infinity speakers I have installed so I decided to fit a new amp to improve things. First problem was the very limited space in the preferred mounting point under the drivers seat (the speaker loom is located here) as there are two small control boxes for the alarm system there plus the spoiler module.
I decided to try a Class D amp from Bassface. It is tiny and cost only £60! 100X120X45mm and weight is less than 1kg. It fits with loads of space to spare and I used the line output from the Becker to connect the Amps RCA inputs. I was never expecting super hifi sound but I'm shocked just how much better it is, it could blow the doors off if asked...and this with the gain on the amp is set about 30%. A good Result!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back