Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance - Too Good To Believe

I'm with Bridle and have had no problems. I'm 46, protected NCB, clean licence (I'm 46.........if this'd been 11 years ago things would have been different......... :whistle: ), live in Greater London, parked on driveway and 20k miles a year: £700.

Interesting on the AIB thing......... :?:

I would imagine Bridle similar to AIB in terms of the product, the premium stacks up given I have a few years on you, live outside greater london, do fewer miles and put it in a garage. I would say you have a very good deal.

Shurv said:
My wife had a terrible experience with a couple of claims with Churchill, neither were her fault, the last one was a total loss claim. They kept losing the paperwork and sending it around the country to different offices. Wouldn't use them if I had a choice. I'd go with direct line.

Same company, same location, same claims team

MJA911 said:
I would imagine Bridle similar to AIB in terms of the product, the premium stacks up given I have a few years on you, live outside greater london, do fewer miles and put it in a garage. I would say you have a very good deal.

I'd thought it was. Guess I'm getting 'Edinburgh Envy' :sad:

MJA911 said:
Decided to go with AIB on a 2-car deal, policy is underwritten by Hiscox and is very different from the policies provided by Admiral et al in many ways, some major, some subtle.
How much was that if you don't mind me asking?

I'm with Admiral at the moment, haven't had to claim for anything so I'm happy with it for the moment. Cost me £400 to add the 911 on a multi car policy on an already cheap deal so didn't bother ringing around.

@Shaoxter - on the basis of what I was paying with Admiral compared to what you are, I'm guessing an AIB policy for you would be around £600, but of course there are many variables and also the annual mileage/value of your car.

My cover includes UK/Euro breakdown, agree valued, choice of repairer, option to waive excess in lieu of courtesy car, drive others cars fully comp, personal accident, identity theft, motoring legal, travel costs due to loss of license...the list goes on.

Have you got the policy wordings from the additional covers please? I'd like to review them

May be available online but I've not checked. Sorry for being lazy!

New996buyer said:
MJA911 said:
travel costs due to loss of license...

Always thought you were the good driver in the group......? :eek:

:drive: :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back