Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty Direct

DerbyJim

Imola
Had a call from this firm he other day, has anyone used them on here and what experience did you have?

Never bothered with warranty before but the price ( think £965?) seemed reasonable as I thought Porsche Assist was much, much worse.

Ai have an inherent distrust of warranty companies! Anyone know if they have any common loopholes, I said I've got a lower temperature thermostat fitted but they said that this should okay. All the rest of my car is stock... I just don't want them to say something like you didn't use Porsche to hang up an air freshener or something dumb like that!

If you buy their top spec warranty you should be OK i.e. the one that includes wear and tear as well as betterment.

I have their top policy on my Range Rover Sport and they just paid out around £3k for a load of worn bushes and suspension - all original LR parts.

The only thing to watch is that they treat each part as a separate claim which is subject to a £50 excess each i.e. front right suspension is one claim and front left suspension is another.

There shouldn't be any issues like with the Porsche warranty but the car has to have been serviced strictly within the manufacturers guidelines and not be a pre-existing fault

I have been happy with my policy.

If you buy their top spec warranty you should be OK i.e. the one that includes wear and tear as well as betterment.

I sort of agree with this statement to a point.

I took out a Warranty with these guys when I got my 996 turbo, it was 8 yo and circa 65k miles. cost of a four year top of the range plan was £2400.

yes, I did get my money's worth, and more over the four years, BUT I had about 40% rejection of claims due to, "Items reaching the end of their design life" (Power steering pump, coffin arms plus plus plus)

now what the difference is between this and 'Wear and Tear' is, is probably a fine point of contract law, but I didn't renew with them as I got the feeling that this would be their answer more and more due to age/mileage of the car.

What they did pay for, they processed, agreed the work, and paid up quickly so I would say I'm content with their warranty as got more than my money's worth, but not happy in the latter stages of the policy.

HOWEVER, on about 50% of my claims they didn't authorise Porsche OEM parts, but provided a supplier and cost of non-OEM parts that they would pay for, so I paid the difference and got Porsche OEM parts fitted which at least gave me the two year warranty on parts fitted and supplied by a Porsche Dealer.

They don't pay for any lighting bits, even though I had the xenon control unit pack up, which wasn't the headlight per se, but they classed as lighting. so even you have the MOT failure bolt-on, if it fails on lighting, No pay Jose....

They'll take you on as long as the car has less than 100,000 miles at the start of the policy though.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back