Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window switch - driver's door

gprosser

I've had a look through the archives, and couldn't find anything similar

My driver's door window switch for the driver's window, has dislodged itself, meaning it gets stuck in the 'up' position each time it's toggled

It also no longer sits flush/straight, so I think it either needs re-seating, or has broken.

Can they be pulled out without removing the door card? Didn't want to force it without knowing.

Thanks - Gareth.

They are only held in by a spring clip, and then an elecrtical connector on the back

Its only a 5 minute job to take the door card off and you can address the issue that was easily

thanks v much. next idiot question then - what's procedure for removing door card?? or will this be abundantly obvious when i attempt it??

New window switch (if i need one...) - 32GBP!!!!!!

From memory

Reove the top capping from teh door (onesmall screwwhidden unde acover at the lock end and 2 screws under the small plastic plate at the hinge end

Unclip the wiring to the alarm system and remove

Door card itself,

Unhook the link bar from the door handle (it just pops off)

Remove the cover and unscrew the circular lock at the top of the card

Remove all screws holding the door pocket on. 3 underneat a dn one or 2 each end

Undo allen bolts at top of the main handle(2) and another 2 at the bottom (these 2 are the most fiddly of the lot)

I think thats everything, now the card should just be held by 3 poppers on the sides which you can just ease off

Remember you then need to disconnect the window switch plugs and the speaker connections

There are far more detailed posts on Rennlist, likely with pictures and I may well have missed the odd fastener here and there, but after you do it the 1st time it becomes quite straightforward

Many thanks!! Difficult to see from the pics - will the window switch pull out with the door skin in place??? want to temporarily swap over the 2 on the driver's door...

I believe so, though Ive not tried to do that myself

confirmed - just prised the switch out.

have temporarily swapped with the driver's door passenger window switch

will see if i can perform the 'paper clip fix' over the weekend

driver's door passenger window switch has a fair bit of rust on the contacts - must be some water getting in there somehow.

i also get some water marks on the door around the mirror housing after i've washed the car and drive around for the few days afterwards - there must therefore be water getting trapped somewhere - to be investigated with a door skin removal...

thanks again all - how did ppl survive prior to the interweb??? ;-)

if they are the same as the 993 (and I think they are) the pin inside gets broken off and eventually the switch will jam altogether. As a previous post said they are fairly cheap on ebay (try to get an original porsche part if poss)
:thumbs:

964 window switch

just to clarify from previous post, can the switch be simply removed and replaced without removing the door trim, ie can it just be levered out and a new one pushed in?

Yes :thumb:

Yep, very simple. Careful of the door trim, but use a flat blade screwdriver.

Chris

Re: 964 window switch

JOEMARTIN777 said:
just to clarify from previous post, can the switch be simply removed and replaced without removing the door trim, ie can it just be levered out and a new one pushed in?

Yes, I got a new one for under a tenner from Euro Car Parts last year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back