Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Luggage. Roadster Bags.

I've thought about getting these. For me, quality doesn't have to be fantastic as I'd be the only person handling them and they'd only be sat in the car. It's not liked they're getting chucked about by some numpty baggage handler, sliding around some conveyor belt whilst some irksome child has to get his sticky fingers on it, or joining the mile high club rubbing up against the case next to it at 35,000ft.
For the price, as a custom made case, they're a bargain.

Looked at these but they are very small bags for the price.
I jumped in the car and measured the available space and
put some similar sized cardboard boxes in the same spaces
to give me an idea of size. They would be too small to be
practical for my use, so decided against. They do look nice though.

I looked into these, but not convinced about quality, ended up buying Antler and Samsonite that fit a treat. Don't match label wise but mix and match sizes fit great. Plus points also Antler is suitable as cabin luggage on most airlines too! 👍🏻

I looked at the luggage your are thinking about but was unsure of quality.

Lucky for me 2 Porsche design wheeled cases came on gumtree and I wasted no time in buying them. Used once so in Mint condition

Still expensive at £450 for 2 but new price from Porsche was £1400 so maybe not bad :eek:

I know it does not help you here but occasionally the originals will come up on eBay or gumtree when someone sells the car so if not in a rush keep and eye out.

Thanks for the comments so far, looks like no-one has purchased the ones I linked to, or is satisfied with the quality! I have been keeping an eye on e-bay but have never used gumtree, i'll have a look.
Thanks again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back