Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best DA kit

gilessav

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

following rapidly on from my other thread about paint correction I'm moving toward buying the kit and taking this on.

I've done a quick search but can't see an obvious thread on the best DA polisher and full kit to buy (might just be my searching ability is poor).

do people have a recommendation and preference and best place to buy.

so far I keep seeing the Maguire's kit with the 220v2 and the DAS-6 as a cheaper alternative. for the former ~£275 gets a full kit with all you'd need in the first instance.

any experts out there to guide/advise?

cheers,

Giles.

"mopping' a car is a professional job

if you ve not been trained you can do a lot of damage, burning through paint on corners / edges of panels

get the car detailed and then top up yourself.

plus you may put assorts of swirl lines in the paint that will then need removing

be warned

Look up Junkman2000 on YouTube for instructions, get yourself down to your local bodyshop and get some scrap panels to practice on. TRY to damage them with a DA polisher, unless your paint is incredibly thin you will have a job.
I use a DAS6-PRO and the kit as recommend on the videos.

MC

As the other guys have said, have a read on Detailing World.

I bought the Dodo Juice version of the DAS6-PRO DA about 4 years ago and its been great.

Read the guides and watch the you tube vids. Start with low abrasion pads and polishes and then if you dont get the required results step it up.

You really would be pushing it to damage your paint with a DA. Get one and have fun :)

Chris

Das 6 Pro does it for me .

Hi I am also a das 6 pro man.
If you join detail world forum this entities you to a discount for the clean you car website and they do their own coloured das pro 6. Same machine with a 6 m cable and a nice bag to keep it in. All for around £100 delivered when I bought in November.

Still need the kit after that. Polished bliss do a polishing kit with polishes and pads for a decent price :thumb:

Pretty difficult to do any damage with a da unless your silly

Hope this helps

The quality of machine you use makes little difference.

If you haven't detailed before, be sure to do a friend's car first lol.

Thanks all.

looking like the 6 pro then and rest of kit. Will try the wife's skoda or company car first!

Do people get paint gauges or rely on the da being much kinder than a rotary?

Paint gauge would be good but don't really think you will need it. D a will generally be fine.

When you buy polish buy a few grades. Start with the lightest one and see if it gives you the results you need.

If not then move on to a slightly harder grade which removes the swirls etc.

Once you have the paintwork back the way you want it they you will only need a lighter grade in future all being well :thumb:

Good idea to have a go on the company car first and you will see how it goes.

Das6 for me. Meguires ultimate compound and low abrasion hex pads

Start nice and slow, stop regularly to check progress, don't let it get too dry on the pad

I practiced on my Range Rover
:floor:

Thanks all,

took the advice and watched a load of YouTube vids and particularly Junkman 2000 (funny guy!).

Ordered the Das6 pro and hexalogic pads (orange and white 5.5 and 6") and Meg's 105 and 205 plus a load of towels, Trix cleaner, lubes etc. all in around £200 and now to have a pop at the other cars before moving to the P.

figure worst case scenario I'll have some fun with the kit for not too much money and am usually ok at turning my hand to stuff like this so looking forward to seeing where I can get to. Key seems to be good technique and not trying to rush it all in a day!

I might have to get involved in this.. the wife's Civic annoys me everytime I look at it. In fact, I think it gets swirls by actually looking at it!

ok so I spent a lot of hours over the last weekend/bank hol polishing the P having bought the Das6Pro.

I went with Maguire's 205/105 combo on Hexalogic orange and white pads.

I totally forgot to take any before and after shots unfortunately.

The car came up really well, I'd say 70-80% of the swirls removed. Some scratches remain but are less obvious, I took it very easy as did not want to inflict any damage. I may need to re-do the bonnet as after waxing and in direct sunlight there seems to be some small marks/marring but its never going to be perfect being a 11 year old car. given the stone-chips I'll need a bonnet re-spray at some point in the next year or two anyway.

long story short a longwinded way to get a much improved and shiny car and I can then repeat as needed with the lighter compound/pad combo, will be a lot more attentive now about how often and with what I wash the car to avoid those swirls coming back immediately, albeit they are inevitable with black paintwork..... 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back