Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Celebration Restoration - Rise of The Silver Surfer

Raby car sold at the weekend both Celebrations went straight away apparently.

:hand: Time to check your AC chaps now as the warm weather approaches.

Finally got round to having the evaporator swapped out to get that nice dehidrated air circulate the cabin and keep my gonads cool :grin:

This is what was causing the issue :eek:

Evaporator_zpso6r6wdvn.jpg

I knew the AC was defunct when I bought the car and despite there being several references in the history to 'AC Inop - suspect evaporator' I refused to dive straight in adopting a 'Trigger's Broom' approach and tried a new condensor, receiver/dryer and various other 'O' rings first :roll:. True I got some short term AC but after two weeks back to square one - even UKs finest gas refillers (Kwik Fit) could never detect the leak. You only want to do the evaporator once as it's a BIG job :what:

Anyway, this is what went in a £76 evaporator and a £29 expansion valve:

L1010361_zpsaz8h7jbi.jpg

Followed by some detailed algebra to work out the fitting costs. Some places want four figures to supply/fit :eek: but as ever I got a very good deal with my trusted Indy :thumbs:

Hmmmm alternatively on a blast today I just adjusted the switch to 19 and out came an unlimited supply of lovely cool air :grin: modern is the way to go.......

spongebob squarepants said:
Hmmmm alternatively on a blast today I just adjusted the switch to 19 and out came an unlimited supply of lovely cool air :grin: modern is the way to go.......

Yes true, but I want the option without the 'spray tan' diffuser :hand:

:grin:

and being let out at junctions.

Bloody hell it can see why air con delete saves so much weight now.
I never realised the evaporator was so big.

Nimrod said:
Bloody hell it can see why air con delete saves so much weight now.
I never realised the evaporator was so big.

You'd be surprised its not that big - Its only 350mmx155mmx70mm and weights about 1Kg. Same one carried over into the 993 :thumb:

Just roll the window down you tart :grin:

Followed by some detailed algebra to work out the fitting costs.
:grin:

Cool!

Frank is much enjoying his Jubilee Zings... you should cathc up with him. he is putting narrow body trailing arms on the rear so he can fit some deep dish.. but keeping all parts so he can go back to standard.. will be an intersting look.

Have you bought a 993?

Cheers

Jack

----------------------------------------------------

#27 - Adriatic Blue Lighweight C4
Cup Cams, Carbon Bonnet, Fibreglass Ducktail, RS Interior, RS Engine Mounts, RS Brake vents, Intrax Coilovers with solid mounts, Powerflex bushes, H&R Roll Bars, Sunroof Delete, RUF gutter strips..for more detail:
www.number27.net

Follow me on twitter if you want to get latest updates on my articles and news:
@27number27

Jack - I'm waiting for Frank to put some pics up on the site. I intend taking a run down to one of the Surrey meets over this summer.

Ref 993 - I'm going off the idea and despite proving a point I could get one for under £30k I'm not sure the duffle coat suits me. I'm getting tempted by Italian stock :roll: The ex-track 360 on eBay is tempting but we cant agree on a price and I'd run it as the daily driver over summer :grin: The ex Silverstone car would have been better but that's sold

Zingari said:
Jack - I'm waiting for Frank to put some pics up on the site. I intend taking a run down to one of the Surrey meets over this summer.

Ref 993 - I'm going off the idea and despite proving a point I could get one for under £30k I'm not sure the duffle coat suits me. I'm getting tempted by Italian stock :roll: The ex-track 360 on eBay is tempting but we cant agree on a price and I'd run it as the daily driver over summer :grin: The ex Silverstone car would have been better but that's sold

Wow, interesting stuff Zings.. would love to see what you think of a 360...

----------------------------------------------------

#27 - Adriatic Blue Lighweight C4
Cup Cams, Carbon Bonnet, Fibreglass Ducktail, RS Interior, RS Engine Mounts, RS Brake vents, Intrax Coilovers with solid mounts, Powerflex bushes, H&R Roll Bars, Sunroof Delete, RUF gutter strips..for more detail:
www.number27.net

Follow me on twitter if you want to get latest updates on my articles and news:
@27number27

Just had the MOT - No advisaries :thumb:

BUT, only 405 miles travelled in the last 12 months :roll:

Lightweight :driving:

405 miles??? just goes to prove that the 993 is a more useable proposition :wink:

bet you can't wait to switch back :grin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back