Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats the best OPC loan car you've been given

markz86

I took my car in for a service last week to OPC Bristol, expecting the usual Cayman / Boxster loan car, but they had none available so gave me a 991 Targa 4S PDK!

needless to say i was pretty surprised and what an amazing car it was - makes mine feel like S*** now!

has anyone else had any similar experiences?

I haven't, I had a brand new Boxster 2.7 with PDK and it was absolutely awful. Couldn't wait to hand it back. Apparently a lot of people who have had them said the same, but at least I tried it.

MC

what did you find awful about the Boxster 2.7 PDK, I had one with paddle wheel and actually liked it, till I got mine back then liked that even more! :D

BMW trade-up

BMW returned my company car to me last year, after it received an MOT and 2 tyre changes, but it came back to me with the locking wheel nuts in the glovebox...... :-(

....after lengthy 'discussions' with the dealer principle, he loaned me a box fresh 991 S-PDK for a long weekend and a visit at Gleneagles to top it off.

Not a loan car per se, but the best compensation I've had. When my 8yo daughter screamed 'Dad, it's like riding on thunder' from the back seat, I had to own my own.

We've had a 911 cab 2014 and now a panamera 2015 in the last few weeks while the wife's cayennes been into our local dealer. She is gutted the panameras going back today!!!!

991 GTS from Tewkesbury OPC.

Not OPC, but my local Mercedes Indy usually lend me this, I call her the Green Godess, she`s a 2.0 Petrol auto with absolutely no brakes whatsoever :eek:

IMAG0131_zpshwfqnciu.jpg
[/URL][/img]

stucart said:
what did you find awful about the Boxster 2.7 PDK, I had one with paddle wheel and actually liked it, till I got mine back then liked that even more! :D

It had no go. The gearbox was way too smooth. Even on full-bore redline upshifts I just couldn't feel the gear changed. I didn't expect it to be like a CSL but it would be nice to know it is happening. Not loud enough either. Brakes looked silly as it had 20" wheels with tiny disks. I guess there is a big enough market for this kind of gearbox calibration, it was very well done but not for me.

MC

I was lent a Carrera GTS for 4 days but perviously when my last new car delivery was delayed I was loaned a Carrera 4S with full GT kit, for 4 weeks!

I've had a couple of decent rides over the years; Cayman S, Cayenne diesel, 997.2 Carrera with PSE and Audi A1 :)oops:) to name a few :thumb:

Worst was when I took my GTR for a service one time...only to be given a micra for the day :eek: :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back