Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 'N' Rated Tyres Explained and Options

There are people running non-N rated, some run N rated.

I will make a decision nearer the time. I am currently on 'N2' Michelin. Every other car has had Michelin Pilot Sport/Pilot Sport 2/Pilot Sport 3.

The ones I'm looking at are N rated (shop description didn't say), I just rang to check :)

infrasilver said:
Non N rated tyres won't invalidate your Insurance.

This is great news. exactly what ive been looking for. Ive had my 911 for a week now and the previous owner or garage put two new tyres on it, one front and one rear, both budget Falkens! So all 4 tyres are different im buying 4 new Vred Sessantas as ive used and loved these before.

Not N rated, and not being an Insurance issue is spot on :)

The wife had a new 2004 Cayenne Turbo w/ the 20" wheels.

The vehicle was burning through ~$2K of N rated tires every ~10K miles for corner supermarket runs.

After doing that several times I swapped to non N rated tires. They had lower cost and about 4X the tread life.

Very certain I killed the race track performance by swapping to these tires, but I was satisfied making that compromise.

The Taycan has "Elec" versions. I recently put a new set of Pirelli on as per it left the factory with as I've been super impressed with them both handling the power and in the wet with 4WD. I believe the ELEC versions have a foam insert to help with tyre noise. I was also pleasently surprised with the cost <£1200 for a set of 21's fitted by kwick Fit.

Summer and Winter Tyres for all Porsche Classics (till 996 and 986), updated as of 2021,

Per the enclosed PDF's

Attachments

• Winter Tyres_Classic_20210924_schwarz_EN.pdf
    758.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Summer Tyres_Classic_20210924_schwarz_EN.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 2

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut