Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

rpm said:
Martian said:
Nick_MSM said:
Child seat from Halfords for a bargain £35. What a difference, wife now has sensible leg room in front as does daughter in rear.

Which seat did you buy Nick and does it fit well in the back, also any pics?

I'm looking to buy a child seat for the occasions that I will be taking my 2.5 year old nephew out, thanks. :)

I have just fitted this seat for my 3yr old - it's a perfect fit and supports his head well when he falls asleep (even PSE can't keep him awake!!).

Link to the seat if poss please. :)

Got the LED lights fitted to the car;

Front DRL, Indicators & Fogs
Sidelights
Rear LED's (Dectane) - Red with smoke centre

All the pics are just so others can see the comparison over standard. I will get some better pics of finished article once the car is clean and the snow has melted! Not kidding btw. About 45 mins after these pics it began snowing and there was a good 1" blanketing!

Attachments

• img_5837_139.jpg
    img_5837_139.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 7,022
  • img_5839r_185.jpg
    img_5839r_185.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 7,022
  • img_5845r_158.jpg
    img_5845r_158.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 7,022
2 x 5ltrs of Mobil 1, oil filter, magnetic sump plug and washer, drive belt.

Before my weekend trip to North Holland next month for a bbq :thumb:

Just need to get my aircon working again, and find the leak :evil: , after it`s had 2 new condensors and gone back under warranty for some `o` rings.

4 x Michelin PS2's, 5mm spacers, MOT, 111 point check , 2 years Porsche warranty and Porsche assist, 4 wheel alignment check and adjust. Few little jobs done, new sunroof seal, new fuel cap, rattling Tip gear lever button fixed, small dent teased out on rear wheel arch. Praise to OPC Wimslow. :lol:

stucart said:
4 x Michelin PS2's, 5mm spacers, MOT, 111 point check , 2 years Porsche warranty and Porsche assist, 4 wheel alignment check and adjust. Few little jobs done, new sunroof seal, new fuel cap, rattling Tip gear lever button fixed, small dent teased out on rear wheel arch. Praise to OPC Wimslow. :lol:

Stucart, is it tricky replacing the sunroof seal? Has anyone done thi before, any tips?

RS2 JIM said:

Sidelights

All the pics are just so others can see the comparison over standard. I will get some better pics of finished article once the car is clean and the snow has melted! Not kidding btw. About 45 mins after these pics it began snowing and there was a good 1" blanketing!

Like the smoke centre, to my eyes that's more in keeping with the look of a stock 997.1, but you get LED benefits, clever :thumb:

Ordered 2009 Turbo AirCon unit for retrofit 'adventure'
GT2RS PASM, Sport button panel for under AirCon console
OE GT2RS carbon mirror covers L+R

Expensive week... again!

Short Shift Kit fitted by OPC with the added bonus of two days use of a Cayman S and a brand new windscreen :D

MJA911 said:
RS2 JIM said:

Sidelights

Like the smoke centre, to my eyes that's more in keeping with the look of a stock 997.1, but you get LED benefits, clever :thumb:

Yes, that was the intention. I also went with the smoked side repeaters as it blended nicely with the colour of the car. Very happy indeed with the overall look.

Used G3 Farecla scratch remover for the first time after having contemplated a front end respray. That stuff is pure magic-not gone but you cant see it now (I know its there)
:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back